You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

News
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » News » Age of Mythology: Tale of the Dragon expansion pack!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age of Mythology: Tale of the Dragon expansion pack!
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 19 September 2015 02:41 AM EDT (US)         

Finally after 12 long years, Age of Mythology is to be blessed with a new expansion pack!
The Forgotten Empires team posted the announcement earlier today on their blog, and it seems as if the Chinese civilisation will become reality.

The details of the expansion are fairly limited at the moment, but you can expect a full new culture with three new gods to lead you into battle.

For more information, stay tuned at AoMH and we will keep you informed of all the new developments on the main site and at Chinese xpack central!

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 09-19-2015 @ 10:42 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
anterior2
Scenario Design Expert
posted 19 September 2015 06:06 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
Interesting, the units and buildings look very similar to the Chinese civ in AoE3. Even the trees look almost identical to the ones in some AoE3:TAD maps. If it wasn't for the watermarks and the distinctive AoM goldmine I would have assumed this was a mod for AoE3.

StormComing (to me): "Seems like you're way under-ranked"

Check out my series of guides for the scenario editor in the link below! | Best Otto TR score

The definitive collection of my scenarios, along with my scenario editor walkthrough, recorded games, and much much more!

[This message has been edited by anterior2 (edited 09-19-2015 @ 06:07 AM).]

nottud
Mortal
posted 19 September 2015 07:27 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Look forward to creating some crazy new maps when this comes out.
Milkman Matty
Mortal
(id: Khan And Steak)
posted 20 September 2015 02:29 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
Pretty excited ~ Milky

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Coreza123
Mortal
posted 29 September 2015 02:27 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
Looking forward to the new expansion, which will provide fresh content for more quality hours. Hopefully this is followed through to the end and is a quality finish.

Few Questions:
Is the expansion going to be released on Steam alone? I personally hope this is made retail.

Will the expansion include Heaven Games content i.e. new textures, Nottud's editor, Golden Campaign, etc?

Considering that the expansion will be a release of 2015-onward I would expect this to par with a game of 2015. As such I hope that the retro graphics remain but close-up unit faces as a start are polished. I would also hope that the Chinese civs balance well with the existing and that any balance issues with the original AoM, if any, are addressed.

Also, will the new campaign tie in with, or connect to the existing campaign? Or will the new campaign be entirely new? I wouldn't mind though doubt receiving the best of both worlds i.e. two campaigns.

In preference, I would particularly like a continuation from the existing heroes. My main reasoning comes from the fact that there are already plenty of quality mods introducing new maps, units, god powers, and similar gameplay features. Though no mod to date has been able to continue the legacy AoM story. Plus who can compete with the AoM story? That is what started my interest and feels incomplete after the short, inconclusive AoM: TT campaign. In other words, I want to see the rule of Kastor, the rebuilding of Atlantis.

Anyone else share same thoughts?

[This message has been edited by Coreza123 (edited 09-29-2015 @ 06:34 AM).]

Eurotool
Hero
posted 29 September 2015 02:38 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
The game won't include "Heaven Games" content. They can't and don't have any reason to do so. The Golden Gift was an official campaign released by Ensemble Studios, not fellow HGers.

The dev from the other thread mentionned the new campaign won't have any ties with the original one, except for a few references here and there. No Atlantis, no Kastor!

TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 29 September 2015 03:40 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
Corez you need to ask those questions in the main thread

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
XLightningStormL
Mortal
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 29 September 2015 05:43 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
FUTURE QUESTIONS HERE: http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,29659,0,365

Is the expansion going to be released on Steam alone? I personally hope this is made retail.

No, Cysion said it will be for AoMEE not TT.

Will the expansion include Heaven Games content i.e. new textures, Nottud's editor, Golden Campaign, etc?

No, SkyBox Labs is funded and led by MS, so No nottud's editor, all new textures will be custom made by SkyBox, and the Golden Gift is already on AoMEE.

Considering that the expansion will be a release of 2015-onward I would expect this to par with a game of 2015. As such I hope that the retro graphics remain but close-up unit faces as a start are polished. I would also hope that the Chinese civs balance well with the existing and that any balance issues with the original AoM, if any, are addressed.

yeah, nah, SkyBox isn't going to waste their budget on fancy unit faces for a 13 year old game, They are also working with some top aom players for balancing, which means... expect some stuff to be broken.

Also, will the new campaign tie in with, or connect to the existing campaign? Or will the new campaign be entirely new? I wouldn't mind though doubt receiving the best of both worlds i.e. two campaigns.

The Campaign will be entirely new, but will have references to the Vanilla and TT Campaign.

In preference, I would particularly like a continuation from the existing heroes. My main reasoning comes from the fact that there are already plenty of quality mods introducing new maps, units, god powers, and similar gameplay features. Though no mod to date has been able to continue the legacy AoM story. Plus who can compete with the AoM story? That is what started my interest and feels incomplete after the short, inconclusive AoM: TT campaign. In other words, I want to see the rule of Kastor, the rebuilding of Atlantis.

No point of asking that, already answered above

FUTURE QUESTIONS HERE: http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,29659,0,365

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
Coreza123
Mortal
posted 30 September 2015 00:53 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Apologies for bombarding the wrong thread, haven't been on the Heaven Games forums for some time.

I knew the Golden Gift campaign was not Heaven Games content and asked if this was going to be included in a release for a non-steam version. Though there will be no non-steam version, so never mind.

Thanks for clarifying
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames