Posted on 07/24/11 @ 04:35 PM (updated 07/31/11
||AoM: The Titans
# AoModAI 126.96.36.199 #
# by Loki_GdD #
This is a modification based on Georg Kalus' Admiral X AI.
Its main features include:
- better defensive behavior (also near other settlements)
- specific attack plans instead of the attack goals used by the Admiral X AI or the aomx AI
- Atlantean and Norse AI players now research wall upgrades
- builds walls, buildings and farms near other settlements
- changes the main base if it is destroyed (if it still has other settlements)
- rebuilds fortresses and towers
- builds mirror towers
- helps defend allied main bases
and loads of other tweaks.
The AoModAI usually beats the default defender AI (tested for Hades vs. Hades on several land maps)
This is a work in progress. There are still lots of things I plan to improve!
- Some God powers don't get used by the AoModAI yet as they are attached to attack plans generated by attack
goals, which the AoModAI doesn't use.
- Optimized God specific tech researching hasn't been implemented/activated for all cultures yet.
- It's optimized for land maps. Optimizations for transport maps are planned for a future release.
- It's relatively defensive, especially in cAge1 and cAge2
- momentarily it's fixed to use only the defensive personality. If you want it to use another or a random
personality, you have to open the file "AoModAIPers.xs" and edit the line "choice = 1;". Either comment it
out (//) or set it to another value from 0 to 5
Unzip the files to "...\Age of Mythology\ai2"
You should then be able to select the AoModAI for computer players.
thanks goes to
- Georg Kalus for programming the Admiral X AI without which this mod wouldn't exist
- all users that answered my questions or made suggestions in the AI forum or the download section at
Bugs, feedback and feature changes/requests:
Please send them to email@example.com
If you want to modify this mod, please feel free to do so, but if you want to release it, you have to give it
another name and you have to change the filenames so that installing your modified AI doesn't overwrite/disable
If you want to contribute to this mod, please contact me via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Atlantean AI players no longer crash the game
- minor bug fixes
- improved offensive behavior
- improved defensive behavior
- improved usage of several God powers; if settlements are under attack, the AI will use defensive God powers
- Oranos builds skypassages near settlements, researches skypassage upgrade
- AI tries to train military units near settlements under Attack
- improved upgrading of Atlantean units to heroes
- improved trade
- special improvements for Anatolia
- lots of other (minor) tweaks
- initial beta release
|Author||Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
This is the best AI I have ever seen. It can handle economy and army in many different ways, having a backup plan for every domain. I like the fact that it instructs the villagers (or the infantry) to build walls, fortresses and other buildings around Town Centers. Also, docs are being built on water areas and searching for fish, which is cool and beneficial for economy.
Three things make this rating go to 4 not 5:
1. It is not that compatible with some maps. Ex: on team migration, if the sync goes bad, sometimes the military units are created on team's island, leaving the base from the "New World" island undefended. (-0.3 rating)
2. The military units/armies are not managed correctly.
a) According to this AI, if one forward Town Center is attacked, all soldiers from the entire map are called to that Town Center (to defend it). That's a good plan 'till now: what if the enemy attacks another Town Center? The units are still called to stop the attack from the first Town Center, leaving the second one undefended. (-0.2 rating)
b) Military units are sometimes retreating when the enemy has a smaller force (stupid plan). I played on this AI and I have seen many situations in which an entire empire could've been conquered if the army would've been just rush in to it, not just retreating, attacking again, retreating, attacking again, and so on... (-0.3 rating)
3. Villagers have their problem too: when any villager from a range of ~100 meters from the mother Town Center is attacked, the ring bell is called, moving all the villagers into towers, fortresses, town centers, affecting the entire economy only because a group of say, three villagers from the opposite corner of the map are being attacked (stupid plan) (-0.2 rating)