1. The Great Isle rm script produces a single large island with a gaia defended citadel in the center with 3 or 4 gold mines.
2. The map environment, cliffage, forest, herdables and huntables depend on your choice of the first non-gaia civilization.
3. On the Great Isle map each nongaia player is given an additional 'scout' (Kataskopos, Priest or Ulfsark). This is in the event that during exploration the initial 'scout' is killed while venturing to close to the center area.
4. The AoM military ai script favors rush/raid plans over naval activity; however, the Great Isle script gives you the opportunity to "fish" for food and attack the AI from the sea .The AI will defend and will sometimes build a navy.
5. The citadel (center area) is defended with mythic units and a hero. The unit types depend on your choice of the first non-gaia civilization. Caveat, stay away from the center area until you have adequate strength to defeat the defenders and take the citadel.