Small introduction (you may skip to the "*" if you want to):
I am new to this forum but have been browsing this site for a very long time.
I've downloaded and played many maps and viewed plenty of maps with lots of eyecandy and well designed gameplay maps.
I'm quite the AoM enthousiast for it has brought me many years of joy. This game never gets old.
I've made plenty of maps but never showed them to others. They weren't good anyway.
Today is the first time I upload an ownmade map to this forum and I think it is well worth it.
*The map includes the following:
This map is just a simple conquest map that requires you to utterly destroy your opponent(s)
The map is filled with eyecandy. It's not as excessive as most eyecandy maps but it makes it just that more immersive.
It certainly is not as bland or as plain as I've seen on most maps (hate that actually).
For more pictures: http://img96.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img96/7286/1362668715ke8.smil
- The map is divided in 3 parts/factions:
- A green (or Greek/Atlantean) part with good defendable positions and lots of recources.
- A Sandbrown (or Egyptian) part that has a small pathway towards the green part and a small crossing to the white part.
- A white (or Norse) part ~idem dito~ to the Sandbrown part.
- All factions have good access to plenty of recources and have early acces to farms.
- All factions have good defendable positions.
- The map in total is pretty well balanced with recources, defendable positions and relics.
(If you think there are things that could use improvement, by all means, let me know)
- The original idea behind this map is for the green part to defend himself (alone or with a companion) against the Sandbrown part and the White part. There are two access points from their part to the green part. These access points are filled with trees and are crossable but hard. These aren't easy to defend to either.
- You can play the map 2v2:
It's ofcourse better if you play with realtime players but AI should work.
I like playing with a friend on the green part vs AI.
[So you can use AI
BUT, and there's A BIG BUT, I've been experiencing some problems with the AI. They seem a bit buggy. I gave them acces to some cows/goats/pigs (all animals who convert allegiance) and they seem to run of with them to the strangest places and get stuck...This small bug also prevents it from building fast because they lack the recources considering they wander off with their herd.
I'm hoping one of you fine people from these forums could give me some help to prevent this little failure.]
You can play the map 1v2, 1v1 and 1v1v1 but then I'd have to adjust the map and upload it as an other version. You can also edit it yourself in the editor if you really want to.
Install and play:
Place the file in C:\Users\"your name"\Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Scenario
I would very much like to receive good constructive criticism in order to improve other selfmade maps.
I thank you in advance for trying it out and wish you much enjoyment of this piece.
P.s.: Btw, I wasn't sure to put it in Random Map Scripts or Multiplayer Scenario, considering it's just an ordinary map but you'll have to choose scenario in order to play it, wheter you're playing single or multiplayer so I put it in Multiplayer Scenario anyway.
No, I'm sorry. I haven't tried placing triggers yet. I'm new to that. I will give it a go now you mention it. I guess I have a lot of experimenting to do.
Madmixer File Author
Posted on 03/21/13 @ 09:36 AM
Any comments so far? I'd really like to know how to fix the AI for example. Thanks in advance
Edit: Wow! Hundred downloads so far! I'm really proud that so many people seem to enjoy the map! But, please, if you have the time to give me any critic, please do so. I really want to know what I can do better for future maps and how to improve the AI.
[Edited on 04/01/13 @ 06:10 PM]
Madmixer File Author
Posted on 07/18/13 @ 02:16 PM
Hey! Over 300 downloads now! I'm impressed! Please, feel absolutely free to review it! I'm wondering what everybody thinks of it!
P.s.: If someone would know a solution for the AI, by all means, tell me!