!Newest (and different) Version here: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=10681
||AoM: The Titans
Finally I finished my project makeing a new RMS. Well, on this final version I only had to work three days on it. But well, that's what I've done:
Tundralike but a circle, not a Square (thx to some YATE/Nottud-Stuff);
The terrain outside the circle is BlackRock, so no one can go there. (Only useful for hideing some flying units o.o)
A lot Ghostlake-like Mountains, some Tundraponds with fish. It has plenty of food, but not much of it close to players.
Basic Base Information / Game-Modes:
The Player usually starts with his TC, a Fortress (Fort, Hill Fort, Migdol or Palace) and three towers. If you choose the 'large map', you'll get the classical 4-Tower-Start instead.
Tower #1 : Gold Tower
- The first tower is protecting a gold mine (Distance: 0, Amount: 1500)
Tower #2 : Food Tower
- The second tower is protecting chickens/berries or herds (Randomized)
Tower #3 : Self Protecting tower
- The third tower is covered with stones and harder to attack.
Fort or Tower #4: Depending on the Game-Mode chosen.
- A Fort (Fortress, Hill Fort, Migdol or Palace) or just a tower with a campfire nearby.
Statue of Major God
- Not that special, but having some chicken around if you got Herd on Tower #2.
(Needed for CPU, because it doesnt start with herd or aggressive hunt like boar/aurochs)
- The Starting Hunt is either Aurochs or Boar, but never close to your fort.
Stuff far away:
- Forsaken Grave (Runestone) with a Relic
- Old battlefields (Skeletons, Weapons, Folstag Banner) with a Relic
- Old Ruins (Columns) with a Relic protected by three Shades (Only on Maps with 4+ Players)
- Fireplace with three pigs protected by two wild Skraelings
The picture used for this map is ODIN, the description text that one:
A masterpiece skirmish-map by Lilitu. Please don't forget to feed the ravens. Thx to YATE 0.93 and Nottud. Also I want to say Hi to my mom: Hi, mom! Choose the large map to disable starting forts. The map doesn't get any larger.
Installation: Put both files in your Age of Mythology/rm2-folder
Please comment and criticise for the sake of Odin and a new version of this RMS.
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
Just one question to anyone, who played it: Are the background sounds okay, or should they be removed in the next (bigger map) version?
|Khan And Steak
This is pretty cool, did you code it yourself or just use YATE and nottuds generator? ~ Khan
|Khan And Steak
I've taken a look at the code. You're off to a good start with Random Map Scripting, although the indentation can be quite annoying in parts. You might want to check out this Random Map guide:
Also some maps that you may be able to learn from:
Repository, a fair load of comments and pretty straight forward. Also shows how to detect AI in your maps
Beach Battles TT, a lot of different things that may inspire you. has good commenting as well. Very complex however.
I only used the YATE/Nottud-Map VIRUS for makeing the circle. Other stuff I copied from ghost lake and modified a lot, till I kinda knew what I was doing @.@
Thank you, I'll take a look at that. :)
[Edited on 10/21/13 @ 07:28 PM]