This project aims to provide a full external scenario editor for Age of Mythology by reverse engineering the scenario format and providing greater editing flexibility.
* Cover terrain
* Terrain painting
* Elevation painting (Game height restrictions do not apply - Normal range is -5 to 15)
* Water painting (Includes water removal)
* Water colour painting (No colour restrictions)
* Water height painting
* Player data editing
* Terrain with textures (No blending)
* Elevation of terrain and water via height map
* Water via colour overlay
* Unlimited depth undo and redo
* Memory of tool values and crew position
* Keyboard shortcuts
- Ctrl Z and Y to undo and redo
- Esc to close current tool
- 0-9 to change the brush size (Same as AOM game)
* Extraction and compression of scenario files for external viewing.
Notes on using
* Written in java 8 using JavaFx graphics developed using Eclipse IDE. You need to have java 8 or later runtime installed to run it.
* Maps opened need to be saved with latest version of the game and must not have custom terrains, water types, etc.
* Development in progress: May be bugs and could be crashes. Save often and work on a copy rather than original where possible.
* You can view the current project source here: https://github.com/nottud/Kronny
I hope you find this tool useful. Please let me know what you think and feel free to suggest ideas for future features and let me know of any bugs. I am developing this in my spare time whenever I feel like it so no guarantee on update frequency. What gets done next will depend on interest and ease of figuring out the scenario format for that area.
You can now edit most player fields both for both players and Mother Nature:
* Player colour
* Major god - you can now also select Nature and if you want the god to be randomly determined on scenario load
* Resources - food, wood, gold, favour
Major bugfix with build versions where textures were failing to load due to filename casing mismatch.