1. Unzip the MystereIsleVer1.0 using the Zip (Unzip) application of your choice.
2. Copy the "Mystere Isle.xs" and the "Mystere Isle.xml" files into the rm folder within your AoM directory.
3. Option 1: Copy the "Isle.xml" and "Isle.xs" files into the ai folder within your AoM directory. From the AoM 'Single Player' ==> 'Random Map' ==> 'Customize Opponents' panel select "Isle AI" for each opponent you wish to 'fish' or do naval battles. The Isle.XML script will then be executed and call the "Isle.xs" in place of "aomdefault.xs." You will, now, be able to play any ES AoM rm script as you previously could as the only change will the inclusion of "Mystere Isle" as a water map. Note: If you have added other "water" rm scripts to your aomdefault.xs you may add them to "Isle.xs" and play the rm scripts (games) as you are currently doing. Note: If you have a previously installed version of Isle.xs in your ai directory you must replace it with this version, which has been modified for both "Great Isle" and "Mystere Isle."
5. Option 2: If you have previously created or added your own "default" .xml and "default" .xs ai files you may add "mystere isle" as a "water" map and include "mystere isle" in ALL migration map script statements in your ai ".xs" file. (Hint: Find all statements containing "team migration" and add "mystere isle" to each statement.)
6. The Mystere Isle rm script places each team on their individual island then produces a large central island with a gaia defended citadel in the center with five to ten gold mines. Many Shade and Snake units are on the central island.
7. The central island map environment ratio cliffage/forest is adjusted relative to your choice of the first non-gaia civilization. The Greek Civ gets more forest and less cliffs.The Egyptian Civ gets the least forest area more cliffage and additional gold. The Norse Civ ratio is in the middle.
8. On the Mystere Isle map each nongaia player is given a transport. The AI uses this unit, initially, to explore the map area and transport units to the central island.
9. Installation Notes for Option 1:
Copy "Mystere Isle" files (XML and XS) into your rm directory --
Path should be: C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesAge of Mythologyrm
Copy "Isle files" (XML and XS) into your ai directory --
Path should be: C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesAge of Mythologyai
Copy "ui map mystere isle 256x256" files (Microsoft Picture it! Picture, BDT and BTX) into your ui directory --
Path should be: C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesAge of Mythologytexturesui
If you have changed your AoM directory path; then, you will have to make the appropriate change in the installaion paths.