Recorded Game Info & Rename Utility (supports both AoM and AoT)
Posted on 07/09/03 @ 05:23 PM (updated 08/19/05)
- Changed the ZIP library
- New feature: added shortcuts to the savegame folders in the file open dialog boxes.
- New feature: added an option to delete the renamed files.
- Bug fix: fixed observer problem.
- New feature: added an option to use a short date format in the rename tool.
- New feature: added an option to include the game mode (supremacy, deathmatch, etc.) in the rename tool.
- New feature: added an option to include the God name in the rename tool.
- Bug fix: AoM:TT rec games are now renamed with the correct file extension.
With this very simple program, you can check the settings of a recorded game.
Besides that, you can use the rename utility to automatically rename your recorded games according to a configurable format. To access the rename utility, just click the Tools menu and select the Rename option. It's possible to select multiple files to rename. To select multiple files, press the "..." button in the rename dialog box, hold the CONTROL key, and select the files you want to rename.
You need to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 (available for download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&DisplayLang=en) and the Microsoft Visual J# .NET Version 1.1 Redistributable Package (available for download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=E3CF70A9-84CA-4FEA-9E7D-7D674D2C7CA1&displaylang=en) to run this utility.
Nice. It would be better if it added the players civs. IMO that would make it just about perfect. Could you add this option.
Posted on 11/04/03 @ 01:05 PM
(Almost perfect Tool)
Posted on 12/12/03 @ 12:35 AM
Good utility! I found your program after deciding to write one for myself. I was scanning HG to see if anyone had figured out what compression format was used after finding the "l33t" id in the files and decided to check if one had already been made.
One of the best aspects of your program, is how you've made it easy to use uniform naming conventions for the rec/rcx files. Very nice.
The only suggestion I have at this time is cosmetic. When opening a file the program window doesn't update completely while the file is being processed (during decompression?). Perhaps adding a "file loading" screen with a progress bar would help. As I said, that's just a cosmetic thing. The primary object is functionallity and it's there.
Thanks for this needed utility!