Balanced 4 player map, featuring 4 "protected" bases, surrounded by mountains covered with trees & a Gate of Troy (blocks early rush attacks). Ideal for 2v2 or 1v1v1v1 (FFA) games. Central Island has a healing spring, relics, & gold. Lots of changes from Tai'Pan I, improved playability, more eyecandy, more animals, more gold etc.
- Passing of time (day, dusk, night, dawn).
- Lots of Eyecandy (waterfalls, volcanos, bridges etc).
- Variety of Animals & Fish to hunt, giving many food gathering options.
- Much Improved playability over Tai'Pan I (ships can now roam all four quadrants of the map).
- Massive gold stores hidden behind trees (you must cut them down to get the gold).
** The Above reason is why the CPU does not fare well on this map.
A 2v2 game will probably be the most fun, but a 1v1v1v1 game can also be very challenging. Map is balanced so each player has an equal ammount of resources at their disposal.
- Control the middle island if you can.
- Don't miss the gold & relics in the corners of the map.
- Don't underestimate fishing & hunting.
- Send villagers in groups, to avoid wild animals from getting them.
- Have some fun :)