Ok I made 4 new units for this modpack, some better than others. Here they are:
Leader-A great leader for your army of the other units in this modpack. He can heal his army
The Steel Swordsman-A swordsman made out of steel, sort of.
Swift Warrior-A fast warrior with good armor.
Leaping Warrior-A warrior with a skull for a face that leaps over the enemy and attacks
1. Convert your "protox.xmb" in your game directory to an xml file using aomed.
Open it with notepad or another text editor.
2. At the bottom of your protox make a space between < /unit> and < /proto> like this:
3. Copy all of the text from the included file, "protox code" into
the space between < /unit> and < /action>.
4. Check the unit id number of the last unit in your protox before your the other units.
Make the id number of the units 1 more than the one before it.
So if the last unit was:
< unit id="800" name="Bella">
the leader would be:
< unit id="801" name="Leader">
the steel swordsman would be:
< unit id="802" name="The Steel Swordsman">
the swift warrior would be:
< unit id="803" name="Swift Warrior">
and the leaping warrior would be:
< unit id="804" name="Leaping Warrior">
5. Save the "protox.xml" and convert it back into an xmb file.
***note*** Instructions 2,3 and 5 are done without the spaces in the code.
***You are now ready to install the rest of the needed files. If you didn't
understand these instructions, please contact me on the modding forum.
1. Copy all of the files from the included anim folder, and paste them in the
anim folder of your AOM directory.
2. Copy all of the files from the included textures folder, and paste them in the
textures folder of your AOM directory
Here. I give you a good review to start you off rolling. This is, in my opinion a worthy download and worthy of the big 5. Nice job.
Wow, you mean I was the 34th person to download this, and after 33 people didn't review? Come on people this is a great download! I do like being the first review, though. He He.
[Edited on 06/24/04 @ 10:16 AM]
Posted on 07/07/04 @ 05:36 AM
A very good mod. the textures are very good and i find the stats are just right. but i can only put them into the "proto.xml" not the "protox.xmb" because when i convert and open, it tells me it is in an unknown format.
the leader also appears invisible, and there is o icon for it.
other than that a very good mod.
To Fierce Falcon, you find the "protox.xmb" in the data folder in the AOM folder.
Posted on 08/11/04 @ 06:45 AM
The textures of the Leader was terrible. The swift warrior and the steel one looked okay. But the leaping warrior looks quite ugly other that not much
Change the textures