Posted on 01/02/03 @ 11:10 AM (updated 01/08/04
NORSE WARS 6.0
||AoM: The Titans
Random Map Script by Matei of Woad Creations ~ www.woadcreations.nl
This script uses a lot of advanced features to create a randomly generated blood-style map with buyable units, technologies and god powers using favor from kills. Players start in small bases around a circular arena with a Healing Spring in the middle and must battle for the favor of the gods to get soldiers or buy myth units, upgrades and god powers. The three major gods get different bonuses, and each game, there are many paths to victory - you must choose wisely what strategy you will use to dominate your opponents.
Version 6.0 adds the following new features:
- Two new environments: Tundra and Marsh, with the new terrains and units in The Titans expansion pack.
- New Large Map Mode: on Large size maps, the center of the map is a large maze with many forests. There are multiple Healing Springs, which grant a steady trickle of favor to the player who controls them. Furthermore, players can build Towers (50 favor) and Sky Passages (40 favor). The game plays out more like a Supremacy game with raiding, map control, and scouting, leading to large, epic battles.
- Limited each god power to only one use at a time, to prevent some of the bugs that were happening with powers like Flaming Weapons.
- Removed Restoration. You can now repair your Hill Fort with Norse infantry by just rightclicking it. This costs favor from your stockpile.
- New god powers: Implode, Spider Lair, Carnivora, Plague of Serpents, and more. On each map there are now 2 random environment-based powers.
- New rewards for kills, to add new strategies and choices. When you reach 100, 300, 600 and 1000 kills, you recieve a choice of 3 rewards on a small island at the bottom of the map. These are major rewards and they get bigger as you gain more kills. The choices include +50% Myth Unit Speed, Super Hersirs, Omniscience, a mighty Titan, and more.
- New maximum caps and ramping costs on the upgrades.
- Many balance changes.
- Every player controls a Hill Fort, and they lose if it is destroyed
- Players are all Norse and get favor when their human units fight
- Human units spawn for each player at their Hill Fort. The player can choose between Archers, Infantry or Cavalry using the Flag Bearer on his island. The more favor a player has, the better the units he gets become.
- Favor may be paid on the store island behind players' bases to:
- Buy a god power (available powers depend on the map)
- Upgrade weapons, armor or shields (the price increases each time you buy upgrade, and the maximum cap is 7 of each)
- Buy a myth unit or hero (available units depend on the map)
- Buy your god's unique unit
- Favor may also be used to repair your Hill Fort; just task a Norse infantry to it by rightclicking.
- When you reach 100, 300, 600 and 1000 kills, you recieve a choice of 3 rewards on a small island at the bottom of the map.
- Every 3 minutes, players recieve Reinforcements (units and a bonus) based on god choice, and every 4 minutes, the center is Meteored
- On Large maps, the following changes are present:
- The center of the map is a maze of forests containing several Healing Springs (one between every two players and one in the center).
- Each Healing Spring you control gives you 10 free favor per minute
- Players may use infantry to build Towers for 50 favor, or Houses, which are converted to Sky Passages, for 40 favor.
- Upgrades cost more and have a higher cap, and Hill Forts are more powerful.
- Very fast download time due to small file size
- Supports anywhere from 2 to 12 players
- Six random skins: Greek, Egyptian, Norse, Underworld, Tundra and Marsh with different terrains, random buyable god powers and random buyable units based on thos environments
- Many strategies for victory: will you hoard favor to get more auto-spawning soldiers, buy weapons/armor to upgrade your troops, field an army of myth units, control the Healing Spring in the center, or make use of god powers to defeat your opponents?
- Unique civilization bonuses and units make the three major gods balanced yet radically different
- Random fast-paced battle music to keep you on your toes
- Every map generated is different and requires players to adapt
- Countless hours of fast-paced fun! There will be swords clanging, arrows whizzing, monsters roaring and units flying through the air from the first minute onward.
- Unzip the files Norse Wars 6-0.xs and Norse Wars 6-0.xml to the My DocumentsMy GamesAge of MythologyRM2 folder
- If Age of Mythology is open, close it and restart it so that it sees the new files
- Read "How to host a game" below for information on how to host Norse Wars.
- *NOTE*: If you have a non-English version of Age of Mythology, some triggers may not work, meaning the game will go out of sync *all* the time in multiplayer or act wierdly. This seems to be because in The Titans, Ensemble Studios made some triggers only recognized in the language your game is installed in, and the Norse Wars map script of course cannot detect your language and is written in English. If this happens to you, try reinstalling the game in English, or get an xpacklanguage.dll file (the file holding the text for the game basically) from someone who has an English version of the game and replace your own file with it.
HOW TO HOST A GAME:
- Norse Wars should be played mutiplayer with human players, as computer players don't know how to use favor to buy things.
- Host a game using ESO Advanced Setup or LAN/DirectIP.
- Select Supremacy under Game Type.
- Click Select Map and choose Norse Wars 6.0 from the list.
- Choose either Normal size or Large size (Normal is for free-for-all's and shorter, faster games; Large is great for intense team battles and big struggles for control).
- All players must be Norse to get favor from fighting.
- If you want to play in the Norse Wars Ladder, you can sign up and report games at www.NorseWars.com.
TO OTHER SCRIPTERS:
- You are free to use this script or parts of it in your own work, but PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR (MATEI) IF YOU DO SO! Use a script comment and an in-game text message.
- If you want to edit the map, PLEASE DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE. Copy the file and rename it, so that there aren't any file name conflicts with people who don't have your edited version.
- If you have any questions about the map, post them in the Woad Creations forums at www.woadcreations.com.
I would like to thank the following people:
- The members of Woad Creations, especially Shiva and Yhagoro, for their playtesting and their excellent advice on all aspects of the map
- The NW and mythod clans, for organizing www.NorseWars.com (the NW ladder and forums)
- The VinaCIS clan, for some of the balance suggestions for Norse Wars
- The makers of SCNPunk's Troy Massacre, where I got the random battle music idea from (Troy Massacre is really a blast to play!)
- Wolfenhex, for the trigonometry functions in his map, "The Void"
- TwentyOneScore, for his posts on using custom triggers in RM scripts
- And last but not least, all the Norse Wars fans on ESO. It's great to see that people enjoy playing this map as much as I enjoyed making it :)
|Pages:  2 » Last » |
|Author||Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
Hmm, didn't realize there aren't any subjects to rate in Random Map file, you just give it a whole number from 1-5.
Oh well Here goes.
This really is more of a 4.5, but oh h.ell, all the work done on it deseres a 5.
This random map is more of a scenario than anything, so I'll rate it under multiplayer scenario criteria.
- Playability: 5
You know whats going on, theres no confusing moments in gameplay, up to 12 players can play, and games are often quick and don't take up most of your day (like those archer blood games)
- Balance: 4
If you don't capture the healing spring at the beggining you're pretty mutch screwed. Otherwise everyhing else is balanced, you have units to counter other units and you can evan buy your own "pump up" units to go kick a.ss for you
- Creativity: 5
Theres 3 different "skins" for the map, and about half the buyable units/powers are randomly generated with the map. You also see some interesting new things like the fort with 10,000 HP, and the infinite buyable working upgrades - so yes you can get an ulfsark to do past 20 damage with some unique trigger webs.
- Map Design 5
Theres 3 skins like i said, with quite a few ambient things placed here and there just for eye openers. This is a blood and you really shouldn't be concentrating on map design anyhow, but the layout is good none the less.
- you'll be a pro at this blood by your second game. All instructions and descriptions are given to you and then given to you again so you don't forget. If you do, you can always press the Page Up button on your keyboard again to see what every buyable thing does/costs.
Overall: 4.75 -> 5
A great blood scenario, and it's great that it's a random map script, thus cutting it's size by half.
Very very nice script. It is quite innotive, looks pretty good, is fun to play, what more could you ask for? My only complaint is that I agree with Cheesy, whoever is first to capture the healing spring gets a huge advantage. I can see a lot of work has been put into this, not least to make it into an rms, and I think it is the best download on AoMH at the moment. It also appears to be very popular on ESO so congrats.
Like all other files by Matei, this is a great random map script. You start off with a hill fort and an island with heros and a monument. Out of the hill fort, soldiers are generated. Your objective is to destory the enemies hill fort. As you fight, you gain favor and you can purchase god powers and soldiers. The theme is nice and the game is rather short but very entertaining. The script is very complex but it is very easy to play. It is better than previous Norse Wars, and is worth the download. Works very well on ESO and in single player. A must get for all AoM fans!
Additional Comments:Great norse game!
THIS IS THE BEST NORSE WARS EVER!!!!!the maps are great!great work matei!
i used to be a little annoyed when reinforcesments would come, because they would be somewhat cheap.....BUT THAT IS BETTER NOW!!!!!
but.....i have found ONE thing that is alittle wrong. in the messeges when you get get a lama caravan, it says that circe has 100 peirce and hack, she has 100 CRUSH and hack.
THE MAP IS GOOD!!!!!!!!! DOWNLOAD IT NOW!!!!!!
(Insert Rating analysis here)
I'm addicted to playing this map, I can't wait to try and play it against some real people. What a brilliant concept!
I play it too
i'm playing it a few months and i really like nw i'm also in the ladder!
(Insert Rating analysis here)
;) Great Work, Matei!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's VERY good!
(Insert Rating analysis here)
Additional Comments:This needs to be updated to 6.4.2 and then soon up to 6.5/6.4.3 because phoenix_PS2man is updating it. Great game
balanced between kills and upgrades needed, more points donst mean you will win. Deadly godpower of shifting sands. Great fun
go to www.norsewars.com fotr more information
Incredible. I would give you 5 if I could. This is the sort of map that you would expect the AI to break down and not do anything, but it actually functions quite nicely.
Brilliant. Would recomend to anyone who likes their battles BIG
|Pages:  2 » Last » |