Random Map Scripts by Matei of Woad Creations ~ www.woadcreations.com
- Based on the original Age of Mythology maps by Ensemble Studios
These scripts give each player an Arkantos and Fortress on an otherwise typical random map. If your Arkantos dies, you lose the game, so you must try to assasinate the enemy Arkantos while keeping your own alive. These maps are best played Free For All with unlocked teams ("Shimo style") so that players can form alliances and betray each other ;). The diplomacy-style gameplay leads to lots of fun in long games with 4+ players :).
- Shimo Random (chooses one of the standard maps from the Random set)
- Shimo Unknown (the standard "The Unknown" map)
- Shimo Alfheim
- Shimo Archipelago
- Shimo Mediterranean
- Shimo Midgard
- Shimo Savannah
- Move all the .XS and .RMS files in this folder to your Age of Mythologyrm folder
- If Age of Mythology is open, close and reopen it for it to see the new maps
HOW TO HOST A GAME:
- Random Shimo should be played mutiplayer with human players, as computer players don't know how to use their Arkantos
- Host a game using ESO Advanced Setup or LAN/DirectIP
- Select Supremacy under Game Type
- Click Select Map and choose whatever Shimo map you want to play from the list
TO OTHER SCRIPTERS:
- You are free to use this script or parts of it in your own work, but PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR (MATEI) if you do so! Use a script comment and/or an in-game text message.
- If you want to edit the map, PLEASE DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE. Copy the file and rename it, so that there aren't any version conflicts with people who don't have your edited version.
Matei is my hero lol ...i wanted a shimo aom map for a while now for the forum games...all i had to do was post and Matei answered...this is high quality and though some people think there are imbalances with the gps like bolt etc...really they all just add to the strategy...when i did this like a 6 person shimo u just had to make sure ur arkantos was garrisoned at all times ...and a good use was as i was taking down bobo's hill fort he had to move his arkantos so i frosted him...dead arkantos :P
these maps are great and are best used as fun maps vs friends clan members etc...and though using this as a shimo map (teams unlocked) is how it's meant to be...i wouldn't doubt that teams locked would be just as fun...
aom expert Staff
Posted on 08/25/14 @ 11:11 PM
This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for for a long time. Wasn't there something like this in AoE II?
I tried to create my own but never succeeded. Thanks!
[Edited on 08/25/14 @ 11:13 PM]
Posted on 03/06/16 @ 03:37 AM
Good work! How did you disable Zeus' bolt strike on Arkantos?