AOM Campaign Maker v1.9
Posted on 06/27/05 @ 05:58 AM (updated 07/22/05
The Campaign Maker now works with AOM and AOM The Titans !
Help is in the readme.txt in the zip file :)
Version 1.9.1 updates :
-"Examine directory" error message disabled.
-Backgrounds names in overlay editor now coressponds to AOMCM's backgrounds' names
-Overlay Backgrounds sets now include base background sets if missing.
-Better overlay mapper backgrounds images (thanks again AoMPlayer000)
-Overlay mapper image scrolling enabled.
Version 1.9 updates :
-Overlay mapper (pfiou!)
-Campaign menu is now 'Tools' menu.
-Added 'Overlay mapper' to 'Tools' menu.
-'Configuration' is now in 'Tools' menu.
-Atlantis background is now named "New Atlantis" (it's the AOM:TT Atlantis background), and "Old Atlantis" is the AOM Atlantis background.
-Balloon tips help content improved.
|Author||Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
EDIT: v1.9.1 Is almost perfect with the possibility to drag & drop overlays. A very useful file for campaign makers. Clearly a 5.
(OLD REVIEW) This is a great file. Definitely. All the hard cpn/cpx scripting is (almost) superfluous.
* In the "Version" field you can't type points, this would be necessary though for 1.02, for example.
* The .cmp file (the project file) should be saved in the program's folder per default, not in AoM's data folder. There it's just another file which messes up the overview ;-). The default save/load directory for *.cmp files should be the program's folder.
* If you cancel the *.cmp file, the *.cpx file isn't saved either. So you should either make it save the *.cpx despite of the cancelled *.cmp file, or abort the saving process when we've cancelled the *.cmp saving.
* The program doesn't deal with scenarios in subfolders... This is no big deal though, as you can enter the folder in the filename manually, too.
* When you load/edit a *cmp file and generate it, all the fields in the program become empty again.
And most important and the ONLY reason I didn't rate this 5.0:
PLEASE include an option to include overlays (those little images on the background, like arrows, points, unit symbols etc.). It'd be grand, I mean REALLY grand, if you made it possible the following way:
For each scenario you can edit the background, as before, but a window opens that displays this background. Now you can load and drag & drop overlays in this window, and the program stores their position :-). Moreover you'd need the option to load background assemblages from earlier scns in the campaign to go on drawing from there.
As we can't directly load overlay pictures though (as they're stored in *.bar archives in *.ddt format), I'd suggest you let us load a pic through the following method: We have to determine its path and size, and then we move white boxes around in that window, which have the size we determined. This way we could also include custom overlays.
If you made this possible, it'd be the perfect program. It's actually the hardest part of campaign scripting to include those overlays, because you have to enter the coordinates manually and load AoM to see whether your guess was close or not, and than quit and repeat the whole thing many times...
And even without this it's great (especially those help bubbles). Many thanks :-)!
[Edited on 07/23/05 @ 06:28 AM]
This is amazingly amazing. Its a great thing and it only took me 2min to figure out how it worked. I must say r u the son of reyk or the new god of utulity programs.
Nothing I can find wrong so far, I'm still checking it out a bit.
Additional Comments: I've always wanted to create a campain in AOM and AOMX, This is a life saver to me!
1:59 PM Friday 6/30/2006
Awesome program,you just helped me,an amatuer scenario designer keep his campaign in track.
[Edited on 03/07/07 @ 07:23 PM]
Wery simple to use, I love the overly mapper.
I have been looking for it forever.
Easy to use,super simple,a must have for all scenario designers.It saves so much time.
I recommend it to every scenario designer.
Good work.II cant wait for version 2.0.