This is the first scenario of my planned campaign. It's still in the designing stage, so your comments will help!
Arkantos returns to the land of the living to free Chiron from Erebus. Ajax and Amanra are quick to meet him, and soon they're off on another adventure. There's someone watching them though, an old enemy who has some new tricks...
Not bad at all. A little bit short for my liking, but as you say it will be part of a campaign which will reduce the impact of that.
Very well designed map, and the AI makes it all the more authentic, if a little less controllable. I liked how destroying different buildings granted you different units and resources.
There are a few bugs though (in order):
- The camera shake effect in the opening cinematic is a bit tacky, and there are a lack of sound effects to go with it. You could land a meteor somewhere close to get the camera shake, smoke and sound.
- Because you've used the same colour for the heroes and the other units defending the starting town, knowing which ones you control and selecting the right ones to flee is difficult
- It's possible to attack the gold mining dwarves before you destroy the mining camp which means they don't ever offer to help you, or run away and are deep in enemy territory when they get converted to your colours (and so are shot straight away).
- The Citadel Center you are supposed to be destroying is a bit dodgy - looks like the villagers under AI control have constructed a normal Town Center on it. Get rid of the settlement there and just plonk down a Citadel Center straight away in the editor.
- It's possible to complete the scenario without that big army of myth units and other soldiers in the bandit camp ever attacking you. Try using a trigger to move them when you attack the citadel or migdol.
- I had a chance look at the objectives near the end and was shocked at how many had built up. Well done on that front, but you should draw attention to new objectives usinge messages on screen and playing the new objective sound (new_objective.wav)