Why didn't you mass horses rather than a combo of archers and horses?
Also he had Champion Spearmen when you still had medium.
Posted on 03/06/06 @ 04:24 PM
a few simple mistakes u needed to effect his econemy even of u need to sacrifice some men and when he started to win u could have made more barracks
Posted on 03/08/06 @ 01:39 AM
1. there were a few times that some of your vil groups (eg wood), were inactive. Also, at one point of time you run out of gold. Finally, you didn't setup a chain of donkeys to provide a steady supply of gold.
2. you had battle fixation, instead of focusing on your econ.
3. you continuously attacked in the middle of the map, where he had covering fire from his buildings. Also, you didn't micro well and your archers & peltasts kept attacking buildings, instead of fighting his units.
4. you didn't use a wide mix of units, but focused on hippika and archery. The few petrobolos you created, weren't defended efficiently enough and he always managed to destroy them.
5. Last but not least, [c=blue]YOU DIDN'T RAID[/c].
You could've crossed the body of water on either side via a transport, or better yet - you could've used the Underworld Passage GP (you had a cow on his side of the map, or could've sent a Pegasus), and sent into his production area a force of fast moving units to really make problems and make him shift his attention there, leaving the center front unguarded and ripe for destruction by a combo of siege engines and other units.
Instead, you just gave a continuous battle head on in range of his buildings arrow fire, and let him use effective counters for your horses.
sfgiantsrule File Author
Posted on 03/10/06 @ 12:58 PM
Thanks guys, I have won my last five games using your tips!