Battle Pit *Updated 4/29/06*
Posted on 04/08/06 @ 01:10 PM (updated 04/29/06
|# of Players:
||AoM: The Titans
Using the units that spawn at your base, try to destroy the palaces of the other players, while protecting your own.
1) Your base - http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/Wadinator4/?action=view¤t=Yourbase.jpg
2) Unit Selection - http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/Wadinator4/?action=view¤t=Oldman.jpg
3) The main battle field - http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/Wadinator4/?action=view¤t=MainbattleFieldjpeg.jpg
To install this scenario, place the .scx file in your
1) my docs/ my games/ aom/ scenario folder and the
2) program files/ microsoft games/ aom/ scenario folder
To Uninstall, just delete the file from the above locations.
This scenario is a different take on maps like Norse Wars and Archer Wars, with several main changes. Instead of getting resources by killing others, you get a stream of resources by holding the plenty vaults around the map. Gold controls the amount of units you receive. As you kill more units, your level increases and better soldiers are available for you to recieve.(more on that later)
To pick the type of soldiers you wish to spawn at your base, simply move the old man in the corner to one of the statues. There are three statues, referring to the three main types of units. (ie Infantry, Cavalry, and Archers ) All players begin by getting infantry. Throughout the game, you are free to move your old man to change between infantry, cavalry, and archers.
As you get more kills, you will advance through the levels up to level 6:
Level One - weak human units
Level Two - stronger human units with the copper armory upgrades
Level Three - stronger human units with the medium soldiers upgrades
Level Four - stronger human units with the bronze armory upgrades
Level Five - stronger human units with the heavy soldiers upgrades
Level Six - strongest human units with the iron armory upgrades and champion soldiers upgrade
At the risk of giving away too much, let me explain a few of the more random events. God Powers are received by all players at specific time intervals. For example, all players recieve Bronze at 2 minutes into the game. At every 10,000 food, after the first 20,000, you will recieve a TITAN to help you.
IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE: ALL PLAYERS MUST BE ORANOS. This makes the map more fair since no cultures have speed advantages or timeshifting abilities, etc.
Lastly, have fun. If you have any questions, email me at email@example.com or post a comment here at aomheaven. Remember, this is my first map so don't jump down my throat if you find mistakes.
1) Used only human soldiers to make game more balanced.
2) Added objectives
3) Added soldier improvements with the level-up process
4) Moved plenty vaults so they cannot be taken before palace is destroyed
5) Palace has more hitpoints
6) Titan has less hitpoints and attack
7) Titans are received later in game
8) Changed unit progression so that later units are strong vs. titan (greek uniques with beast slayer are last level)
9) Fixed the objective menu so it is nicely sorted and you can read everything
10) Fixed the bug where the boulders protecting the plentys would not disappear once the palace was destroyed.
11) Changed the order/number of granted god powers.
12) Added an opening cinematic.
13) Gave all calvary a bonus attack vs. the THROWING AXEMEN. (thanks slayerm11)
|Author||Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
yeah its good fun, no problems there, a nice blood map, and very fast pasted. as the game progresses it becomes more stratigic, as players are forced to defend not only the middle but the dead players bases.
a pritty well balanced game, however a titan earlyer than all the other players wins the game. maybe lower its crush attack so it does less damage to buildings.
there are a lot of blood maps out there so nothing new here. however the plentys provide a different stratigic way of playing blood so not all bad.
Map Design: 4
a nice map with stratigic hill in centre with rings, nice terrain, in general a really nice part of the map.
how do you explain bloods? dont ask me. atleast there are now good ingame instructions, so most people can easily pic this game up.
a good try for a blood map. Always nice to have a dessigner willing to lern :D
[Edited on 04/13/06 @ 12:05 PM]