Could someone please tell me what I did wrong in the first 25 minutes of the game (you can review the rest, but it's just a titan priest-mash-a-thon). My raiding wasn't up to scratch, but I didn't want to challenge the spearmen, then I lost the middle of the map. Help would be appreciated. Thanks :D
He counted your riding calverly with spearmen. So you should have counted his spearmen.Other then that a nice game
Posted on 05/12/06 @ 06:15 AM
OK, since you asked, I'll give you my opinion.
1) You kept making RC on AQ ~ even though you were facing a defence of spearmen.
2) You didn't upgrade your units fully and then research the techs at the armoury.
3) You didn't scout out the whole map, even though you had the 2 Odin birds, thus you didn't see that TC to your side until much later.
4)Since it was a Savanah map, I think you should've went for Skadi instead of Njord, and used enhanced TAs vs his spears and also Frost his army, while attacking his main TC.
Also, you went for Tyr instead of Baldr who would've given you Fire Giants for the great support they provide.
5) You had like 4-5 Longhouses near your base, but none close to him to pump out troops that would come to the scene of the fight fast.
6) Most important, you made like 1 Hillfort and when it was destroyed, you didn't make another one.
Odin's most powerful units come from the Hillfort. Specifically, since you went Freyja as you should, you could've pumped out uber jarls supported by TAs and carried the day. Also, a few Fire Giants and portable rams, could really help take down his Midgold strongholds. You could throw in a few Ulfsarks to counter the elephants and it would've been gg.
You made a Titan who fought a long time unsupported mostly, while you were lacking in villies. Then, I saw a few dwarves working on gold -without an oxcart, and you kept making dwarves wasting your precious gold, instead of putting up a new market in some corner and doing trade.
All in all, I think that you were lucky and the other guy didn't finish you off with a determined attack against your TCs -he didn't make enough mil buildings. Of course he came with 2 siege towers and 4 catapelts, but you were able to destroy them with a few Ulfsarks (you should've first killed off the siege towers to avoid the arrows) and then kept sending 1 siege tower at a time, which your villies could kill easily.
Well, that's all and it's my opinion so no hard feelings.