UPDATED to v5!
Posted on 02/15/07 @ 12:37 PM (updated 04/29/07
This is my second trigger pack, aimed mainly at designers of SIMS scenario's, but also at people who just want to add a market to their map.
Now, what does it do?
I guess most people will agree with me that the most boring and time-taking part of making a SIMS scenario is to write the triggers for the market. Not only do you have to make the same (quite big) set of conditions and effects over and over for every buyable item, you also have to make seperate sets for every player!
With this trigger pack, this is a thing of the past.
You just need 1 trigger to set some things up, and then 1 trigger per buyable item, containing only 1 Condition and 1 effect!
The trigger pack will then check for every player
- if it is near the area you selected
- if it has enough resources to buy it
It will perform the necessary tributes and grant the stuff you selected as effect.
So 1 Condition and 1 Effect per buyable item to handle as much players as you want!
- SIMSTools Custom Market -> If you need to add something that for example only 1 player can buy
- SIMSTools Market -> The base condition!
- SIMSTools Market Once per Player -> Variation on the base condition, allowing players to buy an item only once.
- SIMSTools Market Once per Player Set ID -> Additional condition needed when using the "SIMSTools Market Once per Player" because you can add max 7 parameters per condition and i needed 8.
- SIMSTools Market Once -> Variation on the base condition, allowing an item to be bought only once (e.g. for lots). If someone bought it, no-one else can buy it.
- SIMSTools Market Once Set ID -> Additional condition needed when using the "SIMSTools Market Once" because you can add max 7 parameters per condition and i needed 8.
- SIMSTools Setup -> Set the number of players
- SIMSTools Define Player -> Assign avatar units to the players
- SIMSTools Define Player Specific Loc -> Set Area Sets (for player-specific area deploys)
- SIMSTools Character Transform -> All buying units will transform their avatar to another ProtoUnit
- SIMSTools Army Deploy -> All buying units get units by deploying an army.
- SIMSTools Army Deploy P Specific Loc -> All buying units deploy an army on an area specific to the player who buys
- SIMSTools Unit Create -> Actually quite useless, since it DOESN'T WORK in MultiPlayer - All buying units create units
- SIMSTools Grant God Power -> All buying units get GPs
- SIMSTools Kill All God Powers -> All buying units lose their GPs
- SIMSTools Grant Resources -> All buying units get a certain amount of resources
- SIMSTools Modify Protounit -> All buying units modify a protounit
- SIMSTools Set Tech Status -> All buying units set a tech status
- SIMSTools Convert -> Convert a unit to the buying player
- SIMSTools Teleport -> Teleport a unit to a player specific location
- SIMSTools Change name Cost -> Every little bit might help. Same as normal Change Name, but you only have to type the cost of each resource, and it is added behind the name you enter.
If you already installed a previous version, first delete the typezSIMSTools.xml and typezSIMSTools.xmb files in your C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\trigger2 directory.
Unzip the typezSIMSTools.xml file into your C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\trigger2 directory
At this time, these triggers are ONLY FOR AOM TT!!! I'll make a vanilla-compatible version in the future.
Instructions are in the readme.
- Added Once Conditions
- Added Once per Player conditions
- Added Convert and Teleport effects
- Added SIMSTools Set Tech Status effect
- Added some examples to the readme file.
- Added the Area Sets and "SIMSTools Define Player Specific Loc" and "SIMSTools Army Deploy P Specific Loc" effects.
|Pages: « First « 1  3 4 » Last » |
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
These are very helpful triggers. I am creating a sims map and it is taking me about five times less time to do the triggers. I am a procrastinator, so this is perfect for me, and probably other people who do not like making triggers because it takes too long.
also this could be very helpful for people who are new to triggers and editing. It combines many triggers they may not know.
The only way this could be better, is if you added triggers that help people buy lots (like a convert), if it is there please tell me because i have not looked at all the triggers yet. But if you already have this trigger, then I am glad, if you do not, if you could, please make a simstools convert buy, or something like that.
yes. I would like u to add a simtools convert also...
edit : I managed to put a Kill unit and change name into a SIMTOOLS destroy unit trigger.. I could put the code here if u wanna add it
[Edited on 04/10/07 @ 02:41 PM]
Maybe a convert whre oyu can select multiple units instead of just one.
Sims Tools Teleport could be good too.
Hmm... didn't check this anymore for some time (mostly due to holiday).
I made the convert and teleport triggers. I'll playtest and put them online tomorrow.
sure, you can put it here :)
[Edited on 04/16/07 @ 03:19 PM]
These have made work on my map much easyer!
Could there be a once per player option? (if there is please tell me how)- for certain upgrades ect
Angryzor i lost you my friend!!!
i was not playng AOM for a long time now i gues you thout im dead or something im sorry that i dident tell you anything that i hade to leave for a wille.
anyways im back now so plz sent me a email (if your not so much pissed of)
see ya soon hopfuly!
The convert, teleport and once per player stuff have now been uploaded. :)
Can't you just select multiple units? Or doesn't that work online? (if not i'll add it...)
Heey you're back!!! No not pissed at all :P I'll send you a mail :) See u soon :)
EDIT: seems to have lost everything i typed after "operator" ...
Every time I try to use the "simtools grant go power" effect with a "simtools custom market" condition it causes none of the triggers on the map to run.
Just a note while i' at it. if there are any feilds after the ones i have on this condition they are lost off the bottom in the editor. If that is the case what is the solution?
Condition: simtools custom market
Operator: LESS THAN OR EQUAL (comments don't like one of the symbols it seems :( )
Gold cost: 0
Wood Cost: 0
Food cost: 0
Effect: Simtools grant god power
[Edited on 04/18/07 @ 02:32 AM]
When using the custom market, just use the normal Grant God Power effect.
The SIMSTools one expects the SIMSTools Market condition to be there. Since it isn't there it crashes and the execution of triggers stops.
On top of that, using the SIMSTools Grant GP here would be inefficient cause it checks for all players while you only need one.
If a parameter would fall off the screen, the trigger editor would get messed up.
These are the parameters: Player, Area, Operator, Dist, Cost Gold, - Wood, -Food
is there a way to have a "once only" cause at the moment if you buy a lot I can then buy it back off you.
I made a condition so that the gate must be owened by player 0 however it still takes the cost off the player.
|Pages: « First « 1  3 4 » Last » |