UPDATED to v5!
Posted on 02/15/07 @ 12:37 PM (updated 04/29/07
This is my second trigger pack, aimed mainly at designers of SIMS scenario's, but also at people who just want to add a market to their map.
Now, what does it do?
I guess most people will agree with me that the most boring and time-taking part of making a SIMS scenario is to write the triggers for the market. Not only do you have to make the same (quite big) set of conditions and effects over and over for every buyable item, you also have to make seperate sets for every player!
With this trigger pack, this is a thing of the past.
You just need 1 trigger to set some things up, and then 1 trigger per buyable item, containing only 1 Condition and 1 effect!
The trigger pack will then check for every player
- if it is near the area you selected
- if it has enough resources to buy it
It will perform the necessary tributes and grant the stuff you selected as effect.
So 1 Condition and 1 Effect per buyable item to handle as much players as you want!
- SIMSTools Custom Market -> If you need to add something that for example only 1 player can buy
- SIMSTools Market -> The base condition!
- SIMSTools Market Once per Player -> Variation on the base condition, allowing players to buy an item only once.
- SIMSTools Market Once per Player Set ID -> Additional condition needed when using the "SIMSTools Market Once per Player" because you can add max 7 parameters per condition and i needed 8.
- SIMSTools Market Once -> Variation on the base condition, allowing an item to be bought only once (e.g. for lots). If someone bought it, no-one else can buy it.
- SIMSTools Market Once Set ID -> Additional condition needed when using the "SIMSTools Market Once" because you can add max 7 parameters per condition and i needed 8.
- SIMSTools Setup -> Set the number of players
- SIMSTools Define Player -> Assign avatar units to the players
- SIMSTools Define Player Specific Loc -> Set Area Sets (for player-specific area deploys)
- SIMSTools Character Transform -> All buying units will transform their avatar to another ProtoUnit
- SIMSTools Army Deploy -> All buying units get units by deploying an army.
- SIMSTools Army Deploy P Specific Loc -> All buying units deploy an army on an area specific to the player who buys
- SIMSTools Unit Create -> Actually quite useless, since it DOESN'T WORK in MultiPlayer - All buying units create units
- SIMSTools Grant God Power -> All buying units get GPs
- SIMSTools Kill All God Powers -> All buying units lose their GPs
- SIMSTools Grant Resources -> All buying units get a certain amount of resources
- SIMSTools Modify Protounit -> All buying units modify a protounit
- SIMSTools Set Tech Status -> All buying units set a tech status
- SIMSTools Convert -> Convert a unit to the buying player
- SIMSTools Teleport -> Teleport a unit to a player specific location
- SIMSTools Change name Cost -> Every little bit might help. Same as normal Change Name, but you only have to type the cost of each resource, and it is added behind the name you enter.
If you already installed a previous version, first delete the typezSIMSTools.xml and typezSIMSTools.xmb files in your C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\trigger2 directory.
Unzip the typezSIMSTools.xml file into your C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\trigger2 directory
At this time, these triggers are ONLY FOR AOM TT!!! I'll make a vanilla-compatible version in the future.
Instructions are in the readme.
- Added Once Conditions
- Added Once per Player conditions
- Added Convert and Teleport effects
- Added SIMSTools Set Tech Status effect
- Added some examples to the readme file.
- Added the Area Sets and "SIMSTools Define Player Specific Loc" and "SIMSTools Army Deploy P Specific Loc" effects.
|Pages:  2 3 4 » Last » |
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
hmmm... sound interesting
nice but give a bit more info on how to use
These new triggers, greatly reduce the amount of work a scenario dessigner needs to do to create shops for multiple players.It also lowers the total number of triggers a dessigner needs to use. Very Well done, I hope to see more trigger packs from you in the future.
Very Useful. If you are serious about scenario dessign download now.
[Edited on 02/17/07 @ 02:34 AM]
|The Silent Storm
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This might just save my RPG Thank you soooooo much!!!!! (I just hope it works) yay!
Hey mate this is indeed awesome!!!
Dident know your so good at triggers :D
i tried your triggers, and they made all my other ones crash. I'm sorry, but I don't really like the pack.
Hmm this is interesting... Do you know how many triggers there are in your scenario?
Well, I was going to make a Mercenary Camp, and tried your triggers. I included teh condition as well, and all my other triggers crashed.
I have over 100 triggers, but will have to have 100 more now :(
Do you still have a copy of that one (with the crashing triggers)? Could you post a link to it or something? Cause i just realize that it would be very weird that a crash would occur because of too many triggers...
[Edited on 02/24/07 @ 05:58 AM]
A copy? It was for a sims map. I've edited my map after I submitted the file to HG however, so I can't give you the current version without the SIM tools.
|Pages:  2 3 4 » Last » |