Europe Under Fire 2 features multiple game types in one multiplayer scenario. Players are able to choose from a wide array of game types when they start the map, thus allowing players to play this map time and time again from a fresh perspective.
- Standard: This is standard AoM gameplay.
- Deathmatch: You begin the game with a large amount of resources.
- Lightning: The game has a slightly faster pace to it.
- Warp Speed: This game has a ridiculously fast pace to it.
- High Pop: Begin and continue the game with a much higher pop cap then usual.
- Resourcefulness: You begin the game in the Mythic age with an infinite amount of resources.
- Standard: This is your basic start off with a Town Centre build up and crush your opponents type of play.
- King of the Hill: At the centre of the map lies a Plenty Vault, whoever can control it for 8 minutes wins the game.
- Nomad: Your civilization specific starting units begin scattered around the map.
- Sudden Death: If your Citadel falls you have only 2 minutes to claim a settlement in order to stay alive.
- Regicide: You must protect Arkantos, if he dies you will die.
- Point Capture: Points will scattered across the map that players can capture to receive bonuses, however the play must station a large number of military units at the point in order to continue receiving benefits.
- The Unstandard Start: You begin the game with two settlements separated by vast tracts of land and water. You must use your roc to try to put this situation to your advantage.
What can I say about the playability, for one there is an exceptional function in EUF2 that allows one to select the type of game you wish to play from RM to lightning. So regardless of which type of player you are you can easily adapt to playing this scenario.
If the players were all of equal skill, depending on the game type, you could find yourself playing this scenario in multi-player for a good hour or more.
Although with the British island being the only island on the map, certain advantages of disadvantages could occur, an example of this would be that classic rushing player one would be tougher than normal, however, being stuck on the island until classic age could, in-fact be, a slight disadvantage.
The opening cinematic astounded me, but because it would lay to rest the genius invoked in this cinematic to explain it here, I will let you see it for your selves.
The above all most creative aspect of this scenario is definitely how accurate to detail it is of europe.
Map Design: 5
As stated above this map is an almost exact replica of europe's land mass. You can tell countless hours went into the initial layout. That amount of care says a large amount about, not only the rest scenario, but also it shows us that the author out his soul into this particular piece.
Although there was no story, the instructions were ample. There was a pop up every-time you wanted or needed one, but not enough to annoy elite gamers.
Overall a very well done map, worth the download. Make sure to have your computer player for multi-player.
Posted on 07/20/09 @ 02:37 PM
It's an adaptation of supremacy so it is indeed very playable if you like that sort of thing.
It uses aoms already existing balance.So it must be pretty good.
It's just an adaptation of aoms supremacy.
Map Design: 3
It looked pretty accurate but could use a lot of eyecandy.
No story to it it's just a supremacy map.