First thing that's nice is the general setup: in each team we have a norse and a greek player. Second thing that's nice: Rolvaag who you all know from the forums as Saverok can feel this will be another dull game against rooks, so he decides to spice thinks up a little and not fish on Anatolia map ( :p ).
With his lean Thor economy Rolvaag is very early upon his Greek counterpart, Pleiadians, who struggles to beat him back with Zeus-favor-fueled minotaurs. Meanwhile, on the other side of the map, i manage to lose the war on sea due to, among other things, my appalling micromanagement of my warships. Then a Hydra arrives...
Hah, I'm not going to spoil all the fun and tell you about the whole game, but I'll point out some highlights. If you watch the game you'll see
- a hard battle for the middle gold, which is basically all clumped together
- both Norse players (Rolly and me) on different teams slowly losing ground to the mighty Greek
- both Norse players finally sitting cramped in their respective corners
- 2 (two!) desperation ragnaroks, and hero madness all over the place
- and for dessert Bellerophon taking on 4!!! fire giants and one troll...