1. Both the Artica Normal and Large rm scripts produce unusually large map areas. This will permit more time for you to build your economy and improvements.
The AI opposition forces are at a greater distance and usually will not aggressively pursue early attacks; however, midgame and endgame battles will be challenging.
2. Early exploration of the immediate adjacent areas is recommended. Find the gold, relics and locate herd and huntable food. Chickens and berries are close by for initial food harvesting.
3. Plan your strategy based on the random map layout. There will be many choke points, and with appropriate walls and towers, you can channel your opponent into the battle area of your choosing.
4. Good sound strategy will prevail over a larger opponent. It is not unusual for the AI opponent, at the "Hard" level, to have a greater score and larger military during most if not all of the game.
5. Sound economy (vils, gold and TCs) and superb strategy will prevail.