wow, that was a big map!
I think the only reason my computer didnt freeze while I was playing is that the ai's failed and the computer players could not build up. But you could fix the ai problems and see if the game still doesnt lag.
Also, some of the messages in the game were not followed up. When you get to the heroic age, you are told that you can train armored toxotes, but i did not see a symbol in any of my training buildings. There may have been other discrepencies.
I also have some suggestions to make the game more fun. It was not made clear how you could obtain the mother nature ships. By the time that some trigger gave them to me, the warships had been destroyed or the enemy had somehow captured them. You should make sure this is not going to happen in the future, and also give the player a way to obtain more warships. I would not have been able to destroy the island buildings if the ai's had worked. I did by putting my catapults with transport ships to where the towers could not get the catapults, and just slowly taking out the buildings, but a functional civilization would have over run my catapults. I could not have transported troops to the islands fast enough to keep up with their army. A stronger navy, possibly with seige ships, would help greatly. I would give the mythic age seige ship upgrade to allow ships to outrange towers.
It was a very creative scenario with a lot of potential though. congrats!
Posted on 07/25/09 @ 09:29 PM
ps...I forgot a few things.
there was a mention of the inability to get cataphracts due to being stuck in the heroic age, but I was not aware that you could train them, even in the mythic age. Could you explain please?
And, very importantly, you did not explain how to win, and even after I had destroyed everything but a few walls, I did not get the victory. So i just resigned. Make an ending for the scenario!
Nick_The_Hunn File Author
Posted on 08/21/09 @ 03:18 AM
1. The Game is unfinished, the ending should be you being victorious over the army of Hallicarnassus.
2. If you attacked Thracia teal/purple? You would capture an Atlantean Military Barrack and train murmilo and at the heroic age Arcus out of them. Arcus = armoured bowmen.
3. Normally AI should work fine, thx for the bug report i'll fix.
4. About the gameplay: build up a strong eco and than fight the comps. The comps won't attack you because you are the one who's going to conquer them, and they don't supsect any foreign attacks. Only Thracia might attack you a few times.
5. When you captured the transport ships you should also get a few warships to protect them. Also the transport ships aren't suposed to die (infinite hp 0/0 !)
If you lost them by capturing yourself and the enemy made them sink, you should launch attacks on Byzantium and reach the Anatolian mainland by Byzantium's Bridge. You'll have to prepare a fullfledged siege if you want to take control over Constantinople. Kill his villies which are hunting and gathering outside the walls. Than siege his towers with catapults and defend the cata's. When most front towers which have range to the entrance are destroyed you can rush in with an army.