This is truly a hidden gem in the AOM mod community. It works very well - allows you to disable and enable mods very easily and quickly. It also includes a quick backup and restore of your AOM files in case something goes wrong.
The instructions don't explain everything and it took me about 15 minutes to work everything out fully.
Here's some pointers for new users:
* When you want to create a new mod, first make a new folder anywhere on your computer.
* Then in the program click to create new mod, put the mod name and description in, then on the save screen browse to the folder you made, and for the file name type "info" (without quotations) - you HAVE to save it as info.
* After you click Ok, you then can create the folders associated with the main AOM folder. You have to type in the same names, seperate by a comma with no spaces. So eg. if you want to have new anim and data folder, you have to type "anim,data" (without quotations)
* You can now test it out by putting any old file in one of the new folders and then pressing enable in the program. The file should appear in the same named folder in the main AOM directory.
* After you exit the program and reopen it, there will be no list apparent. You have to click New>Open>Info
Posted on 08/29/09 @ 07:57 PM
(Insert Rating analysis here)
I'm using the mod manager primarily during development. It allows me to quickly update all my files without having to manually overwrite them. Saves a lot of time and allows me to play the original game or other mods without the hastle.
Its really a lot simpler than it first appears. If you take the time to understand it you'll be glad you did.