|# of Players:
||AoM: The Titans
Place the .SCX file in C:Documents/MyGames/AoM/Scenario
- This is an 8 player scenario.
- No computers necessary, but they are allowed if you can't get a full room.
- It's mainly a Free For All game...but it is team mode compatible(2v2 3v3 4v4 ?v?)
- At the start of the game, each player gets a Bolt....If you want to view the instructional cinematic, than bolt the Kronos. If no one bolts it in 10 seconds, than the game will just start right away.
- Your main unit is a Cyclops Equipped with infinite lures! Invoke these Lures NEAR your cyclops, which will than change the lure into an War Elephant!
- The Lures will just destroy if you don't invoke them near your Cyclops.
- Grab that War Elephant and toss it toward your closest enemy. (Will most likely be a 1-hit kill if it lands close enough to the enemy).
- Don't invoke multiple GP's using nottuds console, or else you'll be automatically defeated.
- You will get 5 lives total + the chance of winning an extra life with the random event.
-Speaking of random events there's 10 total that are initiated every minute and a half(1:30 minutes):
1.No Speed for 15 seconds
3.Invincibility for 15 seconds(large amount of hp, more speed)
4.Bird Swarm for 1 minute(140 birds spawn on the map to distract you)
5.More Speed for 30 seconds(all the players get a speed boost)
6.Asteroids(4 spc meteors will be invoked in random areas on the map)
7.Trees for 15 seconds(spc gaia forests placed in the playing field)
8.lightning storm(does no damage, just another distraction )
9.Night for 2 minutes (renders the night lighting)
10.Random Terrain(changes the terrain of the whole map, but the passibility remains the same)
- Make use of the Shockwave & Vortex you will get every 2 minutes and a half (2:30 minutes)
- And enjoy the EXPLOSIVE Elephants and cool sound effects :)
Well that's all the basics you need to know, download it and play it :D
Feel free to take a look at the screen shots and discuss it in the forum Here
|Author||Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
It's easy to play the game, and players grasp the concept and objectives quickly. It falls short in two aspects; firstly, players cannot really help themselves if they are targeted by an enemy cyclops, and being limited to five lives can cause some frustration for people who are eliminated quickly. I personally think the speed of your cyclops should be increased, and the host should be granted the option to choose how many godpowers to use.
I also believe that the random events should arrive sooner - every forty seconds or so - as they only appear to provide a visual enhancement, and don't seem to modify gameplay much, so it would be more interesting if they were more common.
Everybody is made to fight with the same units and weapons, meaning that there are no statistical advantages, or disadvantages, that can be held by anybody. The play field does not boast any obstacles in specific locations so as to inconvenience certain players, and there is a system to prevent spawn-killing. The balance was an easy aspect of design, but it produces a phenomenal effect.
Hey, you pick up exploding elephants and throw them at other people. What could be more creative? Some elements from nottud's Pit of Doom game can be observed, but otherwise, I have not seen or heared of a map even vaguely reminiscent in nature to this.
Map Design: 4
Simple but balanced; it's a good size, and there aren't any annoying objects lying about here and there. The terrain mixing is good and the play field is overall pretty. If only the speed of your cyclops was higher, I believe I could give this a 5.
Instructions are straight forward, but the concept is quite simple anyway. The host has the ability to choose whether or not instructions will be skipped. There is absolutely no learning curve; once the cinematic ends and the game begins, you're fully equipped and aware of your objective, and the means in which you must carry out the completion of it.
It's a fun minigame! If released in a period in which ESO was more populous, it might even have become a classic. I still think the speed of the cyclops should be higher; you're a little slow getting around at the moment. I also mentioned that random events should have a shorter interval in between each other, and I still support this suggestion.
By all means, download it.