Compatibility: Requires Age of Mythology The Titans Expansion version 1.03
||AoM: The Titans
AoM:TT and LoME cannot be run concurrently.
Legends of Middle Earth is a full makeover of Age of Mythology: The Titans, and provides for both normal Single Player Random maps where you can play as Men, Elves, Orcs, Dwarves; or the traditional LOTR campaigns. You can play multi-user using directly connected PC’s, but the game is not ESO-compatible.
The Campaign Menu has five options:
- The Hobbit
- Fellowship of the Ring (FOTR)
- The Two Towers (TTT)
- The Return of the King (ROTK)
- Adventures in Middle Earth
FOTR and TTT are complete campaigns. ROTK is a work in progress and only the first 4 scenarios are included at present. The Hobbit currently holds a prequel scenario that lets people know that the slot is available for anyone to use once the movie is out.
Adventures in Middle Earth is really just a place where you can put your own Middle Earth creations or those others have posted – I’ve noticed a few good ones – It has two example scenarios.
- Download the .zip file
- Extract and run the Legend of Middle Earth 4.0 application, if prompted to use the current Age of Mythology folder say yes. THIS WILL NOT OVERWRITE ANY STANDARD AOM:TT FILES
- Run the AOMEmod.exe in your Age of Mythology folder (or click the desktop icon if you requested one)
- Click the Campaign button on the Main Menu.
- Choose the campaign of your choice – most likely The Two Towers!
- Select first scenario – most likely Foundations of Stone - and difficulty level.
- Click the Start Button.
- Random Map play goes through the same process as AoM:TT and unfortunately uses the same maps. Most of the stuff is in the online tech tree so use this to inform your selection. Some of the newer stuff cannot be built or trained at present (though my kids are hassling me do fix this). I will get around to it!
Acknowledgements: A lot of people played a role in this game – click Game Credits for a full list, but for the last year or so it has been down to Guardian of Isis and myself. We thank you for your patience! ROTK has no target completion date and I will release updates separately as they are done.
|Author||Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
Many words must be used to describe this masterpiece, sure there were a few errors in the actual campaign, but that is nothing compared to how amazing this is, I have however, found one thing I would like to see more of - The Harad XD I would like to request to mod (Using your guide) The unused civ to create a new Haradrim Civ, specifically for this mod (Im also working on some maps for this :P) It would expand the Haradrim and add other units, plus desert GPs (Some will come from the Egyptians :P) Anyway if this is OK then I will start ASAP with covering the Unused Civ with an extended Harad one :P (And if anyone collects GW ill add some Mahud and Umbar from that... perhaps even Khand)
Anyway back to the point :P This is a 4 for 2 Reasons: The Balrog mission I have killed the Balrog and it wont take me further, on the first Two Towers mission I cant start and the faces of the heroes (Especially Gandalf and excluding Frodo) are very pixelated!
It is literally requiring these fixes and it shall be a perfect 5 ;)
Rating: 4.7 (I try to be specific in this ^-^)
This was, overall, an amazing mod! It had new cultures with new major and minor gods, new myth units, and new gods powers, not to mention new military and economy.
Textures: One of the greatest parts of LOME was the textures. They all fit their units perfectly! Many were photos straight from the movie, which is fine.
Animations: Most of the units had great animation and models. Some of the buildings' shadows just didn't really work, making the buildings appear to float. Mostly, however, everything fit fine.
Originality: Need I include this? This may be the most original modpack that ever was made!
Unit Settings: Many sounds came straight from the movie. This was sometimes annoying, especially if it was a longer quote. Also, it included the music from the background. i realize that this cannot be helped. The other settings were great.
Additional Comments: I still think the Balrog is the best of all!
(Insert Rating analysis here)
Con que programa editastes aome.exe