You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Can I change the Quicksave and Quickload hotkeys
Bottom
Topic Subject:Can I change the Quicksave and Quickload hotkeys
Cozza
Mortal
posted 20 August 2019 03:36 AM EDT (US)         
Hi all,
I'm replaying the AoM campaign on Titan difficulty, and it's going great. But, there's one VERY annoying problem: the Quicksave key is F8. The QuickLOAD key is F9. You can see what the problem is already: it's very easy to accidentally Quickload when I meant to QuickSAVE, erasing a great deal of progress. This happened to me just minutes ago on Mission 20, which is a fairly long mission.

And if that's not enough of a design flaw, to add insult to injury, there seems to be NO way to change those hotkeys in the Edit Hotkey menu. Wtf.

I honestly think game developers should face legal consequences for such incompetence. You have to TRY to be stupid in order to put such a flaw in a game. There is just no excuse for such poor design.

But, is there any way I can fix it?
AuthorReplies:
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 21 August 2019 01:50 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
Legal consequences is going a bit far don't you think...

In the startup folder of the main AoM folder there is a file called game.con. These are for the game controls. A lot of them aren't listen in the game. If you don't already have one you can make a file called user.con in this same startup folder and any lines of code you paste and edit in there will overwrite the existing controls. Create a new notepad document in this folder and paste this in:
map ("F8", "game", "saveGame(\"QuickSavegame\")")
map ("F9", "game", "loadGame(\"QuickSavegame\")")

This code was taken from that game.con file. You can now change "F8" and/or "F9" to whatever you want.

Save this file and call it user.con and make sure it becomes a con file by selecting "All Files" under "Save as type".

You should be good to go. If you've never heard of a user.con file or even user.cfg file for the game I suggest looking into them online. It can open up a world of new controls and effects.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames