You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » nerf the Roc?
Bottom
Topic Subject:nerf the Roc?
funeralpyre88
Mortal
posted 07 November 2019 11:05 AM EDT (US)         
Has there ever been serious talk about nerfing the Roc in some way?

As a Norse player, I find it particularly annoying when a Roc harasses me with catapults. Norse is hit hardest by Rocs due to lack of ranged options. In a jotunheim game I played, after 3 TCs destroyed, a few Bogsveigir finally managed to kill the Roc.

I came to realize how much of a luxury a flying transport must be. It is like owning a ghost. These are my suggestions for nerfing the Roc: cost raised to something like 400 gold 40 favor? movement speed decreased? slower training time?
AuthorReplies:
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 07 November 2019 12:09 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
The thing is they are only that strong in Jotunheim. Bu I agree. I really wish that the Norse ballista were available in the heroic age. It's really unfair.
Draco_Wolfgand
Mortal
posted 09 November 2019 07:56 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Yeah, but the Norse ballista is somewhat OP in my opinion .

Rocs are a double-edged sword: They are potentially powerfull under just the right circunstances, but if things go wrong, losing a single one means losing a LOT of resources. I personally dont use then much but I can see why other players would find then powerfull.
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 09 November 2019 11:27 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
They're already super vulnerable to archers with their low pierce armor and hp. The options you gave do nothing for the actual strength, but maybe the answer here is to limit what types of units can garrison into a roc, for instance not allowing siege to enter. Too many times do you see catapult roc-drops on town centers.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
funeralpyre88
Mortal
posted 10 November 2019 10:16 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
I suggest decrease movement speed for Roc so they are easier to chase down if ambushing you. "Speed is strength" Seems like whenever I went looking for it, was nowhere to be seen. I also think a flying transport is about as valuable as a mythic age unit so the price should be doubled.

It might be good to limit siege entering rocs, but what about large myth units, or other similarly powerful units? Where would you draw the line? It might get very complicated to implement.

Here's another one: frost GP should affect flying units, if it doesn't already.

[This message has been edited by funeralpyre88 (edited 11-10-2019 @ 10:36 AM).]

Sword of Scarlet
Mortal
posted 13 November 2019 01:23 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
yeah, you get 2 free myth units for going through hathor while other minor gods only gets 1

how about no free roc

Hi

[This message has been edited by Sword of Scarlet (edited 11-13-2019 @ 01:26 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames