You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Hello again! Any SD summary threads?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Hello again! Any SD summary threads?
Roxas
Mortal
(id: silvermoon)
posted 08 April 2020 04:16 PM EDT (US)         
A few days ago I was able to finally get the update to AOM:TT via Steam, and it (with a reasonable abundance of free time) has given me a hankering to do some scenario design stuff.

I've been out of the loop for quite a while now (apparently the last time I logged in was 2014 ), so I've been browsing through the site and reading the news, but I wonder if someone could precis what has been happening in the SD community, especially in relation to the version of steam, any new trigger packs etc, or new design paradigms

As an aside, I'm very pleased to see old green Yeebie all grown up and in charge :O.

Thanks All!

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD

Prologue: version 0.9.8.1: www.trotd.co.nr
AuthorReplies:
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 09 April 2020 09:45 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Hey there, good to see you around

Fine desginers by the name of Zenophobia and NickonHawk have released masterpiece scenarios, so anything by them is recommended. A good example is Ferguson Mansion.

It took forever for the devs to update the EE in any way, albeit lacking in success as it seems multiplayer scenarios that use cinematics are broken because of a bug, but there is a fix...

nottud, who's also come back in the past year figured out a fix here.

It has been quite quiet over the past couple years, but Yeeb and I are looking at hosting some events to hopefully drum up some more activity. Suggestions welcome!

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
Roxas
Mortal
posted 09 April 2020 02:26 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Thanks that's helpful.

Are there any must have downloads from here (or I guess the Steam workshop) that I should get.

I'm essentially starting from a brand new copy of AOM:TT so I have nothing I used to have anymore.

Also, bit of a random one, do you know why a scenario that I created might crash AOMX when loading it to play?

Would missing trigger files/protox changes/lighting affect it?

Cheers

Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD

Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 09 April 2020 02:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Oh god there are so many problems with the extended edition.

So the new patch has essentially destroyed any scenario which has a cinematic (exception being right at the start) - so a huge swathe are now unplayable. Nottud has found a fix for this and I've patched some of my files.

Also about 10% crash at the start for no apparent reason, just try again and hope.

Old scenario camera angles are a bit funny. On the plus you can now select more than 30 units and zoom out further before the lag hits. Nottud has also made some fairly mad maps.

Essential files will be y and z triggers as well as all the standard other ones.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
Roxas
Mortal
posted 09 April 2020 03:00 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
as well as all the standard other ones.
Do you mean alongside the standard triggers, or are there standard trigger packs that lots of people go for?

Also I remember back in the day there was some editor mods that made it mroe friendly to use - is there anything like that for AOMEE?

Sad to hear that EE has issues, I was so excited to see it on Steam and with a new civ!

nottud
Hero
posted 09 April 2020 03:13 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
I did a port of the editor addon to Reyk's I did a long time ago - mostly functionaly and a little rough but mostly functional: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1941668366

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 04-09-2020 @ 03:16 PM).]

Roxas
Mortal
posted 09 April 2020 03:14 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Amazing thanks! Great to see your still around.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames