Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Trigger Timer Question
Bottom
Topic Subject:Trigger Timer Question
JakeRidicule
Mortal
posted 10 April 2020 08:04 PM EDT (US)         
I'm currently building a campaign, I'm kind of new to this so I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge about his. I'm scripting in-game chats that trigger when the Army is Dead condition is met, however I want additional chats to appear a specific amount of time after this.

As far as I know, there isn't a way to combine a timer with a specific event to trigger these in-game chats. I'm using Nottud's mod pack, but can't find any way to create a condition for starting a timer for let's say 3 seconds after the Army is Dead condition is met. Am I missing something or is there anyway to do this? Any help is greatly appreciated.
AuthorReplies:
scragins
Heretic of December
posted 10 April 2020 10:56 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
I would do it by using multiple triggers. The first trigger would contain the army is dead condition and the effect fire event. Fire event would then fire the second trigger. The second trigger would have a timer as the condition and the effect would be send chat.

I can go into more detail if you like.
JakeRidicule
Mortal
posted 11 April 2020 03:43 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Thank you so much, the Fire Event effect was exactly what I needed.

I also have a follow up question. At the start of the game town centers automatically spawn some units, usually a few villagers and a scout. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening? Thanks again
scragins
Heretic of December
posted 11 April 2020 06:39 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Use the effect Set Tech Status. Set the trigger to run immediately and condition to Always. As for the effect Set Tech Status, status: unobtainable, technology: Starting Units ...

Iím not sure if there is a different technology for each god or civilisation, so you might need to repeat the effect several times.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames