You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Help With The 'Difficulty Levels' Trigger Condition?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Help With The 'Difficulty Levels' Trigger Condition?
The Greek Geek
Mortal
posted 22 April 2020 08:07 AM EDT (US)         
Been working on a small campaign and I'm just getting around to changing up the first level based on difficulty, but it seems as if the 'Difficulty Level' condition is somewhat ambiguous.

For example, in my experience, the 'greater than or equal to' and 'less than or equal to' operator values don't actually seem to work-- Not the end of the world, but odd.

Additionally, it seems like certain effects might not work with the condition. The Kill/Destroy unit effects don't seem to want to fire when the condition is met.
(I am also mixing this condition with the timer condition, not sure if that might affect it.)

What I'm trying to do is this-
During the intro cinematic, the Protag and his men are attacked by wolves. On most difficulties, the wolves are easily dealt with, but on I want *one* of the troops to die in the fight on Titan, thus making the overall scenario harder. 😈

Anyone have any tips on how I can make that happen?

(Let me tail-end this by saying that the first level is a Survival Map, of sorts.)
AuthorReplies:
Roxas
Mortal
(id: silvermoon)
posted 22 April 2020 09:39 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
I just booted up AOM:TT and tried it out difficulty>=2, kill a unit, and then launched the scenario on Hard and Titan, and both times my unit was killed. When I launched the scenario on medium, nothing happened (as expected)

Just to check: Are you setting the difficulty when you do the playtest or are you just choosing playtest (in the dropdown menu when choosing what difficulty).

Are you on AOMEE or the disc versions?

Is the unit you are killing definitely selected by the kill trigger? I suppose the other way to do it is to add the unit to an army and kill the army, but you shouldnt have to do that. Another way would be to damage the unit by more than its current health (or by percentage >=100%)

As an aside:
Easy - Difficulty 0
Moderate - Difficulty 1
Hard - Difficulty 2
Titan - Difficulty 3

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD

Prologue: version 0.9.8.1: www.trotd.co.nr
The Greek Geek
Mortal
posted 22 April 2020 11:20 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Interesting... The units are certainly selected, and I'm selecting the correct difficulty on Playtest, but I may try one of those other methods.

I'm also playing on Extended Edition if that makes any difference.

Is there any major difference between the Kill and Destroy effects?

I'm also wondering if the timer condition would conflict with this at all?

Anyway, thanks for the reply! I'll give it a shot after work tonight!

A wise man once said: "You may feel less like fighting after I pull off your head!"

Find me on Youtube!
Eurotool
Hero
posted 22 April 2020 11:51 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
The Kill effect will cause the unit die, i.e. with death animation, blood and all that stuff.

Meanwhile, the Destroy effect will simply remove the unit from the map, making it instantly vanish.

The Timer will not conflict with it, it's just another condition that gets fulfilled once its time is completed.

Also, make sure the trigger is set to Active.

Happy designing!

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
Roxas
Mortal
posted 22 April 2020 12:32 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
I just tried it on AOMEE and I was able to succesfully have my unit die when the difficulty condition was >=2 and I playtested on Titan difficulty and Hard Difficulty.

Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD

Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 22 April 2020 06:05 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
It is also possible that you just never set that trigger to active.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
The Greek Geek
Mortal
posted 22 April 2020 09:54 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Update time!

So, yeah, I tested it again, and I'm still not sure why my 'or equal to' options don't seem to want to work, but the simple workaround was to use the base 'greater' or 'less' than operators, and it ran fine.

So the triggers work as intended!

Thanks for all the input!

I'm sure I'll have a few more questions as time wears on, but with this out of the way, I'm a step closer!

*Also, bonus points to you Roxas, for that little Difficulty Level values guide, I had actually scoured the web looking for that info for days! I was going crazy thinking that 0 had to be Easy, but my math brain wouldn't let me accept it! Haha, thanks for clearing that up!

A wise man once said: "You may feel less like fighting after I pull off your head!"

Find me on Youtube!
Roxas
Mortal
posted 23 April 2020 08:58 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
No problem. I was 99% sure I was right, but I had a quick search on the forums to make sure I didn't mislead you.

Here's a useful post

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames