Bulljump16
Mortal
posted 23 April 2020 07:51 AM EDT (US)         
Is there anyway to change the display order of effects? For example, if I have

Effect A
Effect B
Effect C
Effect D

And I realize I want to insert Effect E between B and C, is there any way to do this? I realize the order doesn't matter, but I like everything organized.
AuthorReplies:
scragins
Heretic of December
posted 23 April 2020 08:22 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Unfortunately there is not a way to change the order of effects or conditions. If you want to you will need to copy the effect to move it to the end and then delete the original. At least in the standard editor.

I will point out the the order of effects does make a difference. The order the effects are listed is the order they are executed. So for instance if you have multiple send chat effects, they will be send in the order the effects are listed. If you were to use army kill and then army deploy you would end up with the existing army being killed and replaced by the new army. If army deploy was before army kill then you would deploy additional units to the army and then kill the existing units and the new units.
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 23 April 2020 08:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
The order does matter.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
The Greek Geek
Mortal
posted 23 April 2020 08:44 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
I was actually wondering this just last night!
The order the effects are listed is the order they are executed.
Which is why I've started placing Fire Event last, unless I'm trying to do something odd.

A wise man once said: "You may feel less like fighting after I pull off your head!"

Find me on Youtube!
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 23 April 2020 11:30 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Doesn't matter where Fire Event is placed. Effects execute in order but so do triggers as well. The trigger that is activated from Fire Event will only execute after the current trigger is done being executed.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames