You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » How to make events reoccur at scenerio editor triggering?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How to make events reoccur at scenerio editor triggering?
Solgudguy
Mortal
posted 03 May 2020 10:02 AM EDT (US)         
AOM triggers have this loop option to make things multiply, in scenerio editor, i set an event where the Roc respawns when it's killed but it cannot be done again, i don't see other options, how can i make it respawn again after the next respawn?
AuthorReplies:
Roxas
Mortal
(id: silvermoon)
posted 03 May 2020 11:05 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
Are you using the is dead condition with a source unit of the original roc?

If so, the reason it won't loop is because one the original unit dies, the trigger can't fire again because the new unit spawned is a different unit to the one that died, and therefore the source unit in the is dead condition fails.

What you could do is use armies instead. If you create an army which just contains your Roc, you can then use 'is army dead' condition for when it dies, and then use army deploy to create a new roc. Because the roc still belong to the army, the army is dead condition is still satisfied when this new roc dies, and therefore the trigger will fire.

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD

Prologue: version 0.9.8.1: www.trotd.co.nr
Solgudguy
Mortal
posted 03 May 2020 12:45 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Thank You @Roxas! this is really helpful
Roxas
Mortal
posted 03 May 2020 04:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
No problem. Any issues shout

Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD

scragins
Heretic of December
posted 04 May 2020 08:00 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
You could also make the Roc respawn by using change unit type, to change it to a campaign hero. Then, damage percent (-100) and change it back into a Roc. All three effects can be used in the same trigger and the unit ‘will respawn’. It will still be the same unit as before.
Solgudguy
Mortal
posted 05 May 2020 10:33 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
gave it a try, doesn't work
Roxas
Mortal
posted 05 May 2020 01:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
With the army deploy or the change to hero?

What happened?

Solgudguy
Mortal
posted 05 May 2020 01:12 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
i had better luck with Army Deploy, much thanks @Roxas, change to hero doesn't work at all

[This message has been edited by Solgudguy (edited 05-05-2020 @ 01:13 PM).]

nottud
Hero
posted 05 May 2020 04:22 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
I do same trick but using Argus unit.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames