You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Aom inspired Mayan buildings
Bottom
Topic Subject:Aom inspired Mayan buildings
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 07 October 2019 07:19 PM EDT (US)         
Wonder
Carpet

I have been playing around with the Cinema 4D for the past week. And I decided to create low poly Mayan inspired 3D Models. -They are still very unfinished. And it is not exactly a mod. I will update the textures and the models.

I personally love the Mayan architecture, and I am using their temples as a template. [Not exactly going for realism] And I am planning to use classical Aom building shapes to design these buildings. -So this is basically a series of AOM inspired collection of buildings. Maybe some day I will actually put them in the game.

Shrine
Carpet

I have already collected a vast number of texture files, and I am in the process of designing the rest of the buildings.

In the next three images I am going crazy with the colorful textures. -I still haven't quite decided on what I am going to create, and how colorful everything should be. So these are just 3D concept images. But quite honestly I am a bit tired with all those white buildings in AOM.

Non-Mayan:

Pool
There will be a pool for each culture
Carpet

Of course I have no idea, how they will look in the game. But this project is just about the buildings.

[This message has been edited by WinterGod (edited 10-11-2019 @ 07:08 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 21 October 2019 00:22 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
But quite honestly I am a bit tired with all those white buildings in AOM.
Believe me, you and me both

By the way, what are your thoughts on this: http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=19,29869,,10

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
MrEmjeR
Mortal
(id: EmjeR)
posted 22 October 2019 05:33 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
I really like the painted buildings. Maybe the texture resolution is a bit too high to fit in with the rest of the game.

On the Mayan pyramid i'd use a stone texture that has less contrast and dark shadows so it matches better.

>> www.EmjeR.com <<

Mods - EmjeR's eyecandy pack :: Improved Greeks look :: Ghengis Khan - Mods
Programs - BCTool Attachpoint Editor :: BCTool :: Words - Programs
Games - 0 AD :: Stronhold 2 :: BfME 2 - Games
!! Proud member of WildFire Games !!
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 22 October 2019 05:09 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       

Thanks for the kind comments. For Aom I would most likely reduce the quality of the textures. Because even my mosaics look very weird if the quality is too high.

I am still experimenting with these buildings.

I know the project about AOE III, but 3Ds max unfortunately, just didn't work on my computer, and the Trial period is long over. I am really hoping that someone will use a free 3D software for AOM someday. Blender converter works only one way.

So for now, I am only designing them.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames