You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Using more cpu/gpu?
posted 22 October 2020 01:50 PM EDT (US)   
So I've been playing AOM for a long time now and it's always been a bit bad in performance. I'm playing it via Steam.
The thing is that it seems lik it's not taking the resources it would need to work properly because neither the RAM nor GPU used by AOM exceed 1GB. Which is really not much on my PC and it certainly seems like it would need more in the 11 player-games I like to play most.
I'm using the Nvidia control panel but I don't quite know what I need to set there (if that helps at all).

Any suggestions?

Edit: It's worse in LAN and online games but I suppose that's due to lag/ping?

[This message has been edited by Niley (edited 10-22-2020 @ 01:56 PM).]

Replies:
posted 22 October 2020 11:21 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
make sure your nvidia graphics card is up to date through the control panel, and only through the control panel

posted 23 October 2020 07:09 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
Hmm I updated the drivers in GeForce Experience but the Game doesn't show up there. Maybe it's not properly supported?
posted 23 October 2020 12:04 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
Just because it doesnt show up there doesnt mean it's not using the graphics card. See if your problem is fixed. If you updated properly I believe that geforce experience will be uninstalled, as if i understand it nvidia stopped using it. I could be completely wrong however.

[This message has been edited by That AoM Guy (edited 12-06-2020 @ 07:15 PM).]

posted 23 October 2020 04:39 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Yea I'm using it mainly for recording. The game and launcher do show up in the control panel. I'm not sure but it could be because the game is installed on the HDD but it's no problem with any other games
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Technical Help » Using more cpu/gpu?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames