You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: PAY OFFER: New Units Wanted (Godzilla, Xenomorph)
posted 17 April 2021 01:24 AM EDT (US)   
Hi, I've tried to figure out how to create new units for AOM: Extended Edition but have given up after multiple failed attempts at trying modeling software. I'm a finance guy, so not totally inept at tech, but game design is far beyond my expertise. I am willing to pay for a project to create some units for personal use.

To begin, I'm interested in a new Titan unit modeled after Godzilla from the new movies - doesn't have to be perfect, just reasonably close. If successful, would be open to business for other units designed after the Alien/Xenomorph franchise.

If you're experienced, please share your work and if I like it we can start a private conversation, share emails below! I love AOM, and would love to play it with some new aspects.
Replies:
posted 19 April 2021 10:10 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
Sadly the AOM engine is very limited and there is a polygon limit count for both the BRG and the GRN models. If you want to pay someone money to create that the final results might end up disappointing you.

For example Godzilla's iconic mouth blast can't be done in AOM without modifying the attack of Petsuchos. Special attacks and other limitations might eventually frustrate you.
posted 19 April 2021 06:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
True, I figured it's a long shot anyways and would take someone who genuinely wants to build it as well. I don't care for any special attacks, more the general appearance is fairly close by AOM graphical standards. I figure I'd have to compromise on any special attacks, and any general attack would be fine by me (i.e. the standard swipe attacks of the greek/atlantean titan would suffice). With that said I doubt theres enough modders left in the community to make anything happen haha.

For example, when I was brainstorming trying it myself I was thinking of basing it off the Greek/Cerberus titan model. Eliminate the triple heads, reshape the tail (not sure how possible it would be to make it godzilla-esque in length), retexture/slightly remodel the head, and other small model changes to try and make the body closer in resemblence. Obviously wouldn't come super close to an actual "king of the monsters" clone, but if it could come recognizably close I'd be happy with it. I think the head and godzilla's spikes down his back and tail would be the key parts to get reasonably close on this ancient game lol

I loved modding this game as a kid, just got back into it with Extended edition. It was a shame to discover most of the mods here are not compatible with EE

[This message has been edited by skydiveicarus (edited 04-19-2021 @ 06:25 PM).]

posted 25 April 2021 05:01 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
Looks like someone already made a greek titan with a single head if that's what you want to start with:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1739629064
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » PAY OFFER: New Units Wanted (Godzilla, Xenomorph)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames