You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.No replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Easily remove progress bar in recorded games for streaming, right in the files
Bottom
Topic Subject:Easily remove progress bar in recorded games for streaming, right in the files
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 06 August 2019 10:34 PM EDT (US)         
Hey guys, you may notice a few streamers block their progress bar in recorded games with an overlay, adding to the suspense of the game by leaving us wondering when the game is going to end (and it works). Well, there's another way to hide this progress bar by simply editing the game's files directly.

1. For the Extended Edition, navigate to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mythology\data
Or
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\data for The Titans and Vanilla.

2. Find "uimain.xml" and open with Notepad.

3. Find the line that looks like this:
<gadget name="RecordGameCtrl-ProgressBar" type="progressBar" size1024="176 731 327 747" z="21" progressbarbackground="ui\record game progress bar background" progressbarbackgroundsize="151 16" progressbarmask="ui\record game progress bar filler"></gadget>

4. Erase that line.

5. Save this file as an xml file. Click "File", "Save As...", and select "All Files" under "Save as type:". You can now type in "uimain.xml" and hit "Save" to overwrite it or save it as another name, then rename the original to something different, and go back and change the name to "uimain". The latter creates a backup. You just need the game to read the edited file called "uimain.xml".

There you go! I've done this for streaming before and I sort of like having it this way all the time as it keeps me wondering about the game on my own.

For The Titans and Vanilla users, you may have to use a program called AoMED to extract the data.bar or data2.bar in the data folder to get a hold of the uimain.xml file. Not going to spend time writing a tutorial for that as it's not old news, but if anybody really wants one I'll write one up.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames