You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Monks are OP
Bottom
Topic Subject:Monks are OP
Draco_Wolfgand
Mortal
posted 12 August 2019 11:32 AM EDT (US)         
You know... I cant quite put into words why monks... Mainly Shennong monks, though Fu Xi and Nu Wa monks are also annoiyng, feel so much more overpowered on this game then they did in AoK. Maybe it is because in AoK everyone had then so it sort of balanced itself out. Maybe it is because in AoK monks were basically defenseless after a conversion, while here they are bulkier. Maybe even it is just me who cant find a way to counter then. All I know is, I have a LOT of difficulty properly handling enemy Monks on this game.

So, any tactical tips on how to counter monk-based antics, particularly by Shennong players? Also, what are your thoughts on monks in general on this game? Are they OP, and if yes, how would you nerf then?
AuthorReplies:
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 17 August 2019 08:38 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
AoE2 Monks had a recharge time correct? Maybe this is the key.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
Kataphraktoi
Mortal
posted 24 August 2019 09:54 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
AoE2 monks have Faith, which starts at 100% then drops to 0% after a successful conversion. Then it ticks back up over time to 100% again. They were expensive, frail, and slow.

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames