You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Patch 2.8 BETA Released
Bottom
Topic Subject:Patch 2.8 BETA Released
nottud
Hero
posted 26 May 2020 02:20 PM EDT (US)         
Hey everyone the 2.8 public BETA has been released! To access in steam right click the game, select "properties", go to the BETAS tab, and select public-beta-.

The official announcement can be found here: https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/266840/view/2221909455001166618

I have made a discussion thread for scenario designers regarding the new patch including new triggers: https://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,30130,,10

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 05-26-2020 @ 05:32 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 26 May 2020 08:09 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
I am a bit curious about these ones:

"trGetWaterHeight, trCoverTerrainWithWater, trPaintTerrain, trChangeTerrainHeight"

If I create a world map using a Height Map, would it be possible to fill the lower elevation with water for example? It can also be an interesting global warming map.

"trSetCivAndCulture, trGetGPData, trSetGPData"

Does this mean we can manipulate the Civs further? Creating a Ptolemic Egypt civ could be interesting.

[This message has been edited by WinterGod (edited 05-27-2020 @ 04:33 PM).]

ephestion
Mortal
posted 27 May 2020 04:31 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
this is what i posted on Steam:

The balance team are Neo Nazis that wish they could ride on the backs of dinosaurs and shoot MP40's. They have no idea how to balance this game.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
XLightningStormL
Mortal
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 27 May 2020 05:37 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Actually FE doesn't really have any direct say in AoMEE, all of the work has been done by major players within the community such as Hagrit, WarriorMario, TAG, MoF, keen_ibubblei, and to an extent Nakamura, these people are more involved, and educated on the state of the game, and balance than really anyone else, to call them Nazis would be just over-dramatic, a sheer offense to the community, and the future of AoM as a whole, these people are keeping the game alive, when Microsoft would otherwise damn and abandon the game, then pump out a half-baked Definitive Edition in 5 years if it weren't for those guys.

Now am I saying their balance changes are perfect? No, far as I'm concerned nerfing walls was the dumbest decision in patch 2.7, because competitive players just want to turn the game into a 10-min long clusterf**k that devolves to the use of Zeus/Isis/Set/Loki all the time, and whinge when someone uses the tactics of Booming against them.

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
ephestion
Mortal
posted 27 May 2020 06:15 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Hagrit - Netherlands / Germanic
WarriorMario - Netherlands / Germanic
TAG - Token USA Guy probably Germanic
MoF - Token Australian Guy probably Germanic
keen_ibubblei - Probably Germanic
Nakamura - Hungary / Germanic Slav

Like I said the balance team are Neo Nazis biased as F&*( always making the Greeks less stronger in each patch. Ruining their defensibly and focusing on a linear aggressive play style that minimizes the use of walls. Which may I add makes Hades more useless. If that is offensive to say, so is witnessing what they have done to the game.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 27 May 2020 07:04 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
You don't go around calling people names. If you have an opinion about the nerfing, explain that without attacking or singling out other people. You are attacking people based on their nationality.
Blueshirt
Mortal
posted 29 May 2020 04:26 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
@ephestion thank you for making me laugh out loud with your amusing post. It's great that members of the AoM community are still trying to improve our AoM experience ... it's also great that 18 years on AoM is still getting people talking about the game. Long may it continue...

I am not from Germany btw !
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames