You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Technical Help » Age of Mythology - The Golden Gift needs base product
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age of Mythology - The Golden Gift needs base product
Thirteen1355
Mortal
posted 10 July 2019 07:57 AM EDT (US)         
Hello,
I recently obtained the original version of Age of Mythology - Gold Edition. I patched it to 1.03 with a moddb file I found.

I want to download the Golden Gift downloadable campaign for my game. However, when I try to run its installer, I get a message stating:
"The base product must be installed before Age of Mythology - The Golden Gift will run." After clicking 'ok', the installer instantly closes.

Does 'base product' refer to the main game+Titans, or are they referring to some other file I need and don't have yet?
AuthorReplies:
Thirteen1355
Mortal
posted 19 July 2019 02:22 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Since nobody has responded yet, I decided to make a .reg file to handle this stuff. I'll post it here in case others face the same issue.

Age-of-Mythology-www.regfiles.net.reg:
Right-click the file, and select "Edit", using Notepad.
Copy and paste the path of the location of your Age of Mythology files,
using \\ instead of \, there where it says "INSERT GAME PATH HERE".
Next, run the .reg file. This will allow you to use AOM_GoldenGift.exe, which will install the Golden Gift campaign.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OHTYYSd1jy8mkitMRjiYg5_B9EIbPIDB
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 19 July 2019 02:50 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
The base product is the main game.

Did you buy or download the game? When you installed the game it should have installed into the default C: drive.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
Thirteen1355
Mortal
posted 19 July 2019 02:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Apparently Golden Gift's installer didn't read the main game (base product) at first. Might be one of the many Windows 10 compatibility problems I'm coming across.
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 19 July 2019 03:01 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
If the game was installed in Drive C and/or it matches the installation path which you might see in the installer, it should work fine.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
Thirteen1355
Mortal
posted 19 July 2019 03:07 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Strange... It didn't for me. I installed the game at c\program files 86\microsoft games.

But yeah, with the reg file it works.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames