You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Custom god power casting fix
Bottom
Topic Subject:Custom god power casting fix
nottud
Mortal
posted 31 December 2019 04:01 PM EDT (US)         
If you have ever wondered why certain powers refuse to cast when using custom code to invoke the god powers I have found out why.

Certain powers like vortex, gaia forest, and a couple of others will REFUSE to cast if there is a unit selected with a command like trUnitSelect. This includes selection from other sources such as change type. To fix simply call trUnitSelectClear(); command before performing the invoke.

This probably won't mean much to some people but for those using custom commands to invoke god powers it should mean something.

If you want to check out the theory yourself - insert a trigger and add the effect of "invoke god power". Select the gaia forest or vortex power and select a unit with the source unit and the god power will refuse to cast.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 12-31-2019 @ 04:03 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Anraheir
Mortal
posted 31 December 2019 06:12 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up!

"Blunt do I make my enemy's blade, nor bites his sword or staff"
- The Poetic Edda
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 16 January 2020 05:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Could I use a custom trigger that uses trUnitSelectClear(); like "deselect unit" and then try invoking? When inserting code I assume you mean the custom trigger effect that has a box for codes. (User XS code or something, I forget.)

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
nottud
Mortal
posted 17 January 2020 07:13 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Yea basically that - if you clear selection first it is fine.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames