Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.29 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » AoMH SD Competition 2020
Bottom
Topic Subject:AoMH SD Competition 2020
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 13 April 2020 10:24 AM EDT (US)         
Alright AoMH, we're all stuck in a bit of a rut at the moment, but fear not. Your glorious overlord hereby decrees a new contest shall grace these noble halls. While in lockdown you should polish off your copy of the game and rebuild your skills in the editor. Great things are expected.

Your brief:
Build a small singleplayer map where the player partakes in an adventure. You will have three months to complete this task, and the below rules must be adhered to.
Rules:
  • Your map must be played in an area of maximum dimensions 100x100.
  • You are allowed to submit a map up to 150x150. The above rule still applies, use the space around the outside for cinematic/non-gameplay purposes only. Templates are provided if required, but you are not compelled to use them.
  • The theme and content of your map is entirely up to you - but must be playable as an 'adventure'.
  • Your map must be singleplayer.
  • You may use any version of Age of Mythology you choose.
  • Mods are allowed, however please try not to be excessive and give credit if they are not your own.
  • Use of custom content such as sound, skies, icons, triggers etc. is strongly encouraged - but you can still get a perfect score without them.
  • One submission per member.
  • Judges may participate, but will not win a prize.
  • The scenario can only be worked on by you, during the competition period.
  • The judges will play for a maximum of one hour per entry.
  • You must be a member of AoMH to participate in this contest. New members welcome.
  • Prize will be paid via paypal.
  • No monetary prize will be awarded if the contest attracts less than three entries. For three entries there will be one prize of 20. For four entries, there will be two prizes of 30 and 20. Five or more entries will unlock all three prizes as specified.
  • Rules subject to change without notice.
  • Judging criteria and identity to follow.
  • Useful guides can be found here.
  • Judges:

Yeebaagooon

TAG
    A rampant, unrepentant succeedophile who also writes his own introductions. Practitioner of social distancing before it was cool.Currently sheltering from COVID and hoping to inject himself with maps, rather than disinfectant.

Criteria for judging:

Adventure: Your map is an adventure so it has got to feel like one! In this category we will be grading your map for overall immersive feel. I want to feel like I am truly on an adventure. Many things can score you well here - over-arching themes and an epic storyline please!
    Balance: How difficult is your map? This is a challenge to get right, as your map shouldn't be too easy that they can be completed first time by the majority of players. Your map is supposed to be good enough that we would want to play it again, and be able to master it after a few tries.
    Cinematography: Since the oscars aren't happening AoMH will take the lead here. Cinematics are the cornerstone of all the greatest maps and your camera angles should complement perfect activity as well as dramatic shots that feel lively.
    Design: How well have you used the space that was given? 100x100 is a small area and I would hope to see it utilised well. If you are using lots of different areas, I don't want to see other areas or the edge of the map too much.
    Eyecandy: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. AoMH contests have been blessed with entries from the very gods of eyecandy themselves. Let's hope you can build something to make us proud.
    Features: Never has there been so much possibility in the AoM editor. With the madman nottud still at large we are expecting some never-before seen features in this contest and your map would do well to show off the numerous discoveries we have made.
    Gameplay: All about how smoothly your map runs. Lack of bugs and careful craft of the area to keep us on track.
    Deadline: Sunday the 19th of July 2020, 23:59 GMT
    Submit your entry by emailing a zipped file to me - yeebaagooon(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk
    Please also specify what version of the game you are using (TT/EE).
    Map templates can be downloaded here, if desired.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 05-15-2020 @ 04:44 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 20 May 2020 09:24 AM EDT (US)     26 / 29       
    So 2 months to go ... how is everyone doing?

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    Zenophobia
    Irrational Fear
    posted 21 May 2020 09:03 AM EDT (US)     27 / 29       
    Almost done.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
    nottud
    Mortal
    posted 21 May 2020 05:23 PM EDT (US)     28 / 29       
    Sorry been side tracked by a few things - some evident right now (Kronny) and some things that will be hopefully very soon. I am planning to make a submission though it might be towards the end of the deadline.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 05-21-2020 @ 06:08 PM).]

PhatFish
    Mr. Beta
    posted 22 May 2020 01:21 PM EDT (US)     29 / 29       
    The fact that a contest like this is even being held is a miracle, bless you yeeb. This brings back some memories. I won the pretty town contest back in the heydays of AoMH, still have my HG and ES AoM t-shirt, as well as some cool HG business cards. Good times man. That was a ton of fun. AoM's editor is great, I should fire AoM/TT up sometime soon again.

I won't be entering (don't have the time or design knowledge), but wish all contestants the best of luck. And most importantly: have fun designing!

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames