You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Star Fighter Ace [Showcase]
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Fighter Ace [Showcase]
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 24 July 2020 04:26 PM EDT (US)         
A singleplayer scenario? I havenít made one since 2013! I kinda got carried away this time. XD

This is my submission for the AoMH Scenario Design Competition 2020. Actually, only the first scenario was the submission. Thatís right, this isnít just one scenario, this is a CAMPAIGN of three scenarios in total!

The gameplay is rather straightforward. Iím going back to my roots: back to AoM Danmaku, the scenario that started it all for me. When I was originally designing that scenario, I never actually expected to finish it. I just kept telling myself that ďsomeday,Ē it will be done. But ďsomedayĒ didnít seem real to me; like saying Iíd awaken my superpowers or something. It was just a nice daydream.

Well, ďsomedayĒ eventually did come after a whole year of hard work, and AoM Danmaku became my first dream that wasnít just a dream. After I finished it, it was like the sky had opened before me. I didnít need superpowers or super intellect or even knowledge on how to code. But I could do anything, as long as I worked hard and focused. And so, I dove straight into the wonderful world of scenario design and never looked back.

So in a way, this project is a bit of an homage to that spark that started it all. The things I can do with the editor now compared to then are worlds apart. This is what AoM Danmaku should have been. So fasten your seatbelts, fire up AoM, and get ready for some classic Zeno-grade awesomeness.

Intense Bullet-Hell Combat

• Embark on a three-scenario campaign, each with four stages of action-packed bullet hell gameplay controlled with hotkeys.
  • Two movement types: arrowkeys for fast move and spread shot, while shift + arrowkeys for precision movement and laser shot. Both types of movement are good in different situations!
  • Just like before, all bullets are one-hit kill! Dodge dodge dodge!
  • Fight against epic bosses with unique special attacks.
  • Difficulty levels are fully supported. Try Hard or Titan for additional content!
  • Featuring some fantastic music by the LEAF XCEED Music Division. Kudos to his amazing and criminally underrated work.

Full Color Webcomics

Of course, a scenario wouldnít be Zeno-grade if it didnít bring something new and unique to the game.

Enjoy some amateur art drawn by me, depicting the epic adventures of Ace, Oliver, and Molly as they take on the Order Of Scientology. Some familiar faces from HeavenGames will also be making their appearances!

Gameplay Tips

• When fighting a boss, the green circles at the left side of the screen tell you how many special attacks are left.
  • You have four lives and three bombs PER life. Lose a life and you will also lose all the unused bombs on that life as well.
  • When you get hit, you can quickly bomb within 0.3 seconds to save yourself.
  • Missile trails do not have hitboxes. Only the actual missile itself is lethal. Likewise, with projectiles that have multiple colors, only the inner, brighter spot is lethal.
  • Because of the Windows keypress delay, itís not a good idea to hold down the arrowkeys. Instead, just tap the arrowkeys rapidly to move, or use macros.
  • Also, turn off sticky keys, as that will sometimes interrupt your gameplay randomly.
  • TURN OFF SHADOWS AND ALL GRAPHICAL SETTINGS. This vastly improves the performance of the game.

DOWNLOADS

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 08-14-2020 @ 01:26 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Nickonhawk
The Narrator
posted 24 July 2020 04:37 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
and Brisingr-know these three things and your task here is accomplished...
scragins
Heretic of December
posted 24 July 2020 08:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
This does indeed look like some classic Zeno-grade awesomeness.
Eurotool
Hero
posted 24 July 2020 08:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Woah, spaceships and effects are looking fantastic in the screenshots! Excited for this. Truly the Editor has become boundless.

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
nottud
Hero
posted 25 July 2020 03:39 AM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
Ooooh this look really flashy and cool. I look forward to playing when released.
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 25 July 2020 11:26 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
I feel so naughty to be playing. Got to withhold comments until judgement.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 06 August 2020 07:45 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
AMAZING! Wow this is something truly unique looking.
Lewonas
Mortal
posted 06 August 2020 06:31 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
A singleplayer scenario? I havenít made one since 2013!
Bruh, has it already been 7 years since then? Time flies by so fast man, I swear the years are going by faster after every revolution of the earth.

Are the web comics just a little side hobby of yours or is it something you will be focussing on more in the future? They're a nice surprise.

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 06 August 2020 11:46 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
Yeah, truly unbelievable how quickly time goes by. My account will be turning ten this year, and that's just wild to think about.

As for the webcomics, this is the first time I've ever attempted drawing such a large amount. Drawing has been a hobby of mine pretty much all my life, but I never took it seriously until this project. I really don't know if I'd pursue webcomics seriously. It is pretty fun, but my god it is so much work lol. I personally think my art isn't nearly up to standard, but at least I'm pretty good at drawing hands now.

Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 14 August 2020 12:19 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
Episode 1 is now out! Expect episode 2 to be out sometime in September. Enjoy!

nottud
Hero
posted 14 August 2020 12:50 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
Played and reviewed - great map but challenging. Don't overlook that you get your bombs back when you die!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames