You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » [Showcase] The Crystal Maze
Bottom
Topic Subject:[Showcase] The Crystal Maze
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 25 July 2020 09:24 AM EDT (US)         

sidepad
You have seen the building from miles away yet do not seem to be getting closer. It is said the Tower of Babylon stretched into the realm of the true gods. Well, the gods were demolished to make way for this world breaking construct you still seem to be nowhere near. This is the sheer scale of the Yeebaapalace where a dastardly host has invited you to scramble all your wits to find the four crystals hidden within. Each crystal grants five seconds of time inside the crystal dome for the finale, and you will need all the time you can get.

side

These are the four game categories you will be playing. There are eight games in total so it's possible to play the map again and get a completely new experience. There is also an element of randomness in most games. But the Yeebaapalace is not just home to the mighty overlord Yeebaagooon, you may also run into Reachy and an army of eels if you are unlucky.
If you can survive the scathing sarcasm that results when you fail to complete a game you may find yourself translating hieroglyphs, exterminating mutated bugs, crossing a multi-dimensional maze, battling sentient numbers, creeping across a minefield, surviving a fiery onslaught and even moving the stars themselves.

Then 5-20 seconds to make a success of yourself in the crystal dome. Come, the maze is waiting.

This map will be released on TT. EE adds a lot of bugs and does not show my glorious skies.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 08-14-2020 @ 04:30 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
nottud
Hero
posted 25 July 2020 11:05 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Nice I look forward to playing - out of interest what were some of the bugs other than the skies that EE added? (Incase I happen to know a quick solution for you)
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 25 July 2020 12:04 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Some games work perfectly but there's a mix of:
  • Horrendous lag during cutscenes but this is variable - sometimes perfect lag free runs.
  • Unscripted camera cuts like camera lock is off (it's on)- again variable.
  • One cinematic breaks halfway through, the game plays but the black bars remain and you can't do anything. - Consistently

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
  • Zenophobia
    Irrational Fear
    posted 25 July 2020 12:21 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
    Incredible work from the teasers I've seen so far. Come on, Yeeb, you're just a judge! Give us contestants a chance.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
    nottud
    Hero
    posted 25 July 2020 01:22 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
    Unscripted camera cuts like camera lock is off (it's on)- again variable.
    Try turning off camera limits with my z trigger to fix this - it is your camera jumping back to allowed limits I believe.
    One cinematic breaks halfway through, the game plays but the black bars remain and you can't do anything. - Consistently
    That's possibly my z trigger implementation issue on EE - replace the one that occurs at that point with the version in my EE pack which I have fixed that issue. (You need to change the trigger effect and then change it back)
    Horrendous lag during cutscenes but this is variable - sometimes perfect lag free runs.
    Not much that can be done - my trigger that enters without cinematic models on may help somewhat.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 07-25-2020 @ 01:26 PM).]

Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 25 July 2020 01:57 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
    It is camera limits and the game break does occur when using z triggers. Will get on it next week thanks .

Eurotool
    Hero
    posted 25 July 2020 02:07 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
    I was impressed by the video. I'm still wondering how you managed to stack up buildings in such way! Also the units walking in the air. Seems like they're teleporting, yet they have the walking animation.

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 26 July 2020 02:56 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
    ^ You're completely correct.
    Will make a guide on it after results.

You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames