You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.354 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Breaking Bad Mafia: Endgame
Bottom
Topic Subject:Breaking Bad Mafia: Endgame
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9 ··· 15  Next Page »
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 21 April 2014 08:09 AM EDT (US)         

Endgame
Gus Fring's cartel has won.
Walter White is dead.

DEA agent Hank Schrader was sitting at his desk astounded with a bag of methamphetamine that the DEA had seized. It was the purest meth ever seen, this small bag alone was 96% pure. Hank realised there was a new player in town and revelled in the thrill of a new challenge. But he had no idea how much Albuquerque was about to change.

Rules:
  • This game is closed communication unless specified in your role email.
  • You may not directly quote your role email.
  • You may not edit any of your posts in the game thread.
  • This thread will be locked at night - we go straight to night after a lynch.
  • There may be some post restrictions - but I have limited these as much as possible.
  • Please vote and unvote correctly otherwise you will be ignored.
  • The cartel does not take inactivity lightly.
  • Don't post after you're dead.
  • Normal mafia game mechanics apply.
  • I am the one who knocks.
  • Night lasts 48 hours. All actions must be sent to me during the night phase.
  • In the event of prolonged voting stalemate (as decided by me), the votes required to lynch will be reduced by one per day.

LYNCH-O-MOMETER™

Players no longer with us:
    Azur - Todd Alquist - Citizen
    Reach - Donald Margolis - Citizen
    scragins - Mike - Meth partner
    Herr - Jesse - Meth partner

What's a mafia?
    Check this helpful guide.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 06-21-2014 @ 04:03 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Ashrzr
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    (id: normandy887)
    posted 02 May 2014 07:27 PM EDT (US)     151 / 354       
    This is possible, but would be a very risky move on Herr's part. He didn't have to tell us about the cult, which only helps the town. Even if he did it but lied about his allegiance to gain the town's favor, he still asked to be investigated. We obviously shouldn't blindly follow him but at the moment I don't have a strong reason to be suspicious of him.
    Anybody who is willing to be investigated could be Gus Fring, perhaps evil but innocent to investigation. Everybody believed in his squeaky clean image, and even Hank started doubting whether he was the guy after investigating him (though he continued). And Fring was looking to settle on a new full-time cook (convert) after Walter started turning super serial (first Gale and then Jessie). If this game at all mirrors the show, that certainly makes as much sense as a cartel cult. Because both of those make sense, I don't trust or distrust Herr, and see no reason to defend him.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
    "What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 02 May 2014 08:52 PM EDT (US)     152 / 354       
    I didn't vote to lynch him because I believed his claim. I'm a VT as well but wasn't told anything about my role. I was basically just told my name. This seemed very unlikely for a scum member normal mafia or cult to have a similar role e-mail with so little information. Hence the very limited claim from Azur made sense to be a real one.
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    (id: The Cheese Man)
    posted 03 May 2014 09:45 PM EDT (US)     153 / 354       
    I don't think we should lynch a player because he didn't participate in the lynching of a Townie. I also don't think we should suspect a player for coming out voluntarily about a mechanic in a game, the knowledge of which only benefits the Town.

Vote: Ash

Sorry, buddy, but I think you're pointing a lot of fingers in the wrong directions. I'd like a name claim.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    Herr Heir
    Mortal
    (id: Heir of Elessar)
    posted 05 May 2014 00:16 AM EDT (US)     154 / 354       
    Sorry I haven't been able to post in a while.

If I was Gus then we wouldn't have any Jesse in a Breaking Bad game, which I'm sure you'll agree is highly improbable.
    So does a cult only convert players? Or can it kill too?
    It depends on the size of the game. Most can normally only convert, but some can choose to either convert or kill (which is normally the case in games where the cult is the only anti-town faction) and some can do both (much more common in larger 25+ games).
    I didn't vote to lynch him because I believed his claim. I'm a VT as well but wasn't told anything about my role. I was basically just told my name. This seemed very unlikely for a scum member normal mafia or cult to have a similar role e-mail with so little information. Hence the very limited claim from Azur made sense to be a real one.
    I can see where you got that impression from because I got a similar impression especially because of some of the phrasing he used. Nevertheless, it is a little strange that you completely believed him on that when everyone was pointing out how awful a character he was. In fact I remember you stating that his name was quite scummy too.
    I don't think we should lynch a player because he didn't participate in the lynching of a Townie.
    This is not true, scum will often abstain if a lynch is clearly going through regardless, and Scragins posted during the bandwagon to state how scummy Azur's name was but still abstained.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 05 May 2014 01:29 AM EDT (US)     155 / 354       
    I didn't completely believe him otherwise I would have tried to stop the lynch, I was quite alright with other lynching him as we was the best hope of scum and I didn't want to completely reveal how little information VT's (I'm assuming it is true for all) were given as we may have been able to use it to pin down scum later.
    Herr Heir
    Mortal
    posted 06 May 2014 04:08 PM EDT (US)     156 / 354       
    I'm sorry but that is a bit difficult to buy.

Mass prod please.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

Out Reach
    Mortal
    (id: newreach268)
    posted 07 May 2014 02:07 AM EDT (US)     157 / 354       
    On a purely pragmatic level if we believe the whole cult thing, and that it can only convert evil characters, lynching Azur wasn't necessarily a bad move for town.

As he had claimed an evil character day 1, if he had survived it's safe to assume the mafia would have recruited him night 1.

So contrary to standard logic the mafia would have wanted to keep Azur alive if possible. (letting him die as a scapegoat was merely the next best thing)

Admittedly I didn't vote for Azur, however that's because after by the time I made post 103 (the last post I made day 1) I didn't want to appear lynch happy as I had already bounced by vote around several people to get claims out of them, and by the time people started voting, they did so in quick succession while I was asleep.

I'm happy to claim if people want me to.

Out Reach
    The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
    ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    (id: ninjapenguin)
    posted 07 May 2014 05:32 AM EDT (US)     158 / 354       
    I think that Scragins not voting for Azur really has no meaningful information in it.

If Scragins is 'mafia', not voting makes him look particularly suspicious, especially as Azur was pretty much definitely getting lynched at the point.

If scragins is town, then not voting doesn't necessarily show him to be evil.

We didn't really have much on Azur, but it was the best that we had and thus I don't really blame people for not voting if they thought we needed more time.

ninjapenguin981
    I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
    Herr Heir
    Mortal
    posted 07 May 2014 11:38 AM EDT (US)     159 / 354       
    The problem is not that he didn't vote but his reason for not voting. Admittedly there is a lot of straw-clutching going on here, but given the level of information we have and the sadly slacking level of activity, it is probably the best that we have/can get.

Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 07 May 2014 02:52 PM EDT (US)     160 / 354       
    Lynching Azur was a gamble we lost. It made sense to lynch him but it wasn't fool-proof. We could have easily been wrong and were. The benefit from his lynch was information: we know that evil characters are not necessarily scum.

I don't think we need to lynch people for being right.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    Zenophobia
    Irrational Fear
    posted 07 May 2014 03:16 PM EDT (US)     161 / 354       
    I don't think I have much to contribute but I do think we need to be more careful with the cult because they can close the gap by converting people faster than a normal mafia would (they gain one on top of town losing one). That being said, if we keep claiming, and if the cult can really only convert characters on the evil side of the morality spectrum, then we would quickly be at a big disadvantage.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
    Ashrzr
    posted 07 May 2014 08:11 PM EDT (US)     162 / 354       
    Herr's got it. Little information is better than no information. Questioning scragins here is customary.

Herr Heir
    Mortal
    posted 08 May 2014 12:13 PM EDT (US)     163 / 354       
    I don't think I have much to contribute but I do think we need to be more careful with the cult because they can close the gap by converting people faster than a normal mafia would (they gain one on top of town losing one). That being said, if we keep claiming, and if the cult can really only convert characters on the evil side of the morality spectrum, then we would quickly be at a big disadvantage.
    That's a good point, but do you have any ideas on how else we can proceed?

Mozzy we're asking for a claim, not lynching anyone. Yet.

ColdCanuck
    Mortal
    (id: Coldviper)
    posted 08 May 2014 01:45 PM EDT (US)     164 / 354       
    in2replace HGcoldviper@outlook.com
    Blatant
    DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
    (id: blatant7)
    posted 08 May 2014 04:48 PM EDT (US)     165 / 354       
    I'm leaving Switzerland this weekend to go back home, so I'd like to apologize in advance for my inactivity this weekend due to packing and final projects and whatnot. I'll be able to catch up on Monday.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 09 May 2014 11:45 PM EDT (US)     166 / 354       
    I'm all for claims. I was just worried that you were being aggressive toward a player who was, after all, right to not lynch a Townie.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 10 May 2014 04:01 AM EDT (US)     167 / 354       
    Are there any other questions about me or should we move on. There is still a vote on me but not really any more pressure.
    Ashrzr
    posted 10 May 2014 07:15 AM EDT (US)     168 / 354       
    You've already revealed that you're a VT. What's your name claim?

scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 10 May 2014 08:16 AM EDT (US)     169 / 354       
    I'm Mike Ehrmantraut. Although I don't see how it makes a big difference.
    Ashrzr
    posted 10 May 2014 04:45 PM EDT (US)     170 / 354       
    Claiming Mike does make a difference. For starters, he was a merciless hitman. He would have killed Walt's family without hesitation, if it came down to it, and Walt's family is certainly Town. Then again, Todd also does not make sense as Town.

Hank and Walt being in the game is almost a certainty, and they would not be able to be converted by the cult; neither would my character; Mike was an enemy of the cartel and killed several of them during the show, and so neither would he be convertible; apparently Jesse is not. Other than Walt, whose allegiance is unknown, that will speculatively make up almost the entire living Town.

The only possible meth cooks the cartel would want are Jessie, Walt, Gale, and Todd. The former two are very unlikely. Even Todd being convertible is questionable, especially if Mike is thrown in the mix. The cult thing is hard to believe.

Ashrzr
    posted 10 May 2014 04:50 PM EDT (US)     171 / 354       
    The only reason the cartel ever tried to 'convert' anybody in the show was to find a meth cook. I'm willing to buy that they are a full-fledged mafia has a single convert power, for all intents and purposes. Todd being Town really throws off a lot of speculation, though, which forces us to make risks that would otherwise be untenable in such a small game.

Ashrzr
    posted 10 May 2014 04:58 PM EDT (US)     172 / 354       
    Triple post: I was hesitant at first, but I think we should mass name claim, at this point. It's clear that speculation will just run us into the ground in a game as ambiguous as this one, and so I don't think we'll really be able to reason about a lynch unless all the cards are on the table. Mass claims have proven beneficial in situations with few players. There are nine here, which isn't exactly a lot. To keep him hidden, I wouldn't be opposed to Hank lying, if he's in the game. I'm willing to claim first, if we agree.

Out Reach
    Mortal
    (id: newreach268)
    posted 11 May 2014 01:55 AM EDT (US)     173 / 354       
    OK GUYS, GONNA META GAME. I MAKE NO APOLOGY FOR ASSHOLE LOGIC.

Assumptions.

1- We believe there is a cult.
    2- Based on heirs failed conversion we believe the cult can't convert "good" characters, but can convert "bad" characters.
    3- Based on Azurs death we presume all roles are vanilla town, and only possess the good/bad traits.
    4- Arguably the good/bad traits should line up with the show.

A MASS CLAIM WILL ONLY INFORM THE CULT ON WHO HAS THE GOOD AND WHO HAS THE BAD TRAIT. IT SHOULD NOT BE DONE.

Secondly, town should kill anyone who claims a character who can safely be assumed to have the "bad" trait, for the simple reason that if they are kept alive the cult will attempt to convert them the following night.

So at this stage scragins is probably town. But if we keep him alive he will most certainly be converted.

So i'm going to:

Vote: Ashrzr

Didn't see that coming huh?

1- He posts a lot. Not really a big thing, but posting a lot is a clear sign of attempting to steer all of town. Maybe he wants to be team captain. Maybe he's scum.

2- Day 1 he supported a no lynch. This would go well with a cult. Early on the cult has next to no members, so wants to keep people alive so it can identify targets to convert, additionally it helps keep him alive by having more people to hide in.

3- Realizing mass name claim day 1 would be unpopular, he's waited till day 2 to start pushing it. Mass name claim gives the cult effectively perfect knowledge on who it can and can't convert.

Out Reach
    The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 11 May 2014 08:57 AM EDT (US)     174 / 354       
    Secondly, town should kill anyone who claims a character who can safely be assumed to have the "bad" trait, for the simple reason that if they are kept alive the cult will attempt to convert them the following night.
    I don't agree with that to the point of saying we should lynch someone because that means we think they can be converted. Maybe it could choose who we lynch between two equally scummy people but it should not contribute much to who we lynch. That ploy may end up having town members fake their own claim . A better idea would be to have them lynched the next day (if you really want to lynch them) that way you don't lynch the character with the bad trait giving the cult a chance of converting someone that night that will be unknown to town the next day. You then lynch someone with a chance of being scum instead of having the bad trait, this way it actually stops a conversion from happening.

A name claim would probably be risky given this 'good' and 'bad' trait a cult would be looking for and would lead to little gain for the town if the cult was to come up with a decent fake claim. I think we should keep in mind that if the conversion on Herr did fail and there was no kill we are probably ahead of the cult right now.
    Zenophobia
    Irrational Fear
    posted 11 May 2014 09:14 AM EDT (US)     175 / 354       
    I see now why town gains almost nothing with a mass claim because evil and questionable characters aren't necessarily part of the mafia, but the cult would know who to convert.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9 ··· 15  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames