You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.401 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
Bottom
Topic Subject:Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7 ··· 16  Next Page »
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 29 July 2014 03:27 PM EDT (US)         

Life was good in the coral reef. Countless species of colorful fish lived out their lives, found mates, and raised families of their own. Everything was as it should be. Then, one day, a dark figure swam overhead, blocking out the sun and shrouding everything in darkness. There was a new danger in the reef, and it threatened to end the fishes peaceful way of life forever.

Rules:

• This game is closed communication unless specified in your role email.
  • Don't directly quote your role email.
  • Don't edit any of your posts in the game thread.
  • Don't post after the day has ended.
  • Please vote and unvote correctly.
  • An inactive fish is a dead fish. Don't be an inactive fish.
  • Don't post after you're dead.
  • Normal mafia game mechanics apply.
  • Night will not last longer than 48 hours.
  • Just keep swimming.

Still swimming:

1.Ashrzr
    2.Baske
    3.scragins

Belly up:
    1.Out Reach - Sunset Wrasse - VT
    2.Excelsior - Moorish Idol - VT
    3.Herr - Potter's Angelfish - VT
    4.WRP - Grey Reef Shark - Mafia Goon
    5.sneaky squirrel - Great White Shark - Mafia Godfather
    6.Yeeb - Blue-Spotted Stingray - Roleblocker
    7.Cheddar Chap - Saddleback Butterflyfish - VT
    7.Alex - Golden Damselfish - VT
    8.ninjapenguin - Striped Surgeonfish - Doctor

Replacements:
    1.Lewonas

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by Blatant (edited 11-11-2014 @ 07:51 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    (id: ninjapenguin)
    posted 13 August 2014 06:17 PM EDT (US)     101 / 401       
    From the looks of things I don't think roles are indications of power roles at all and Blatant may have even randomised roles to names.

Either something fishy is going on or the mafia have been given safe claims or have managed to pick claims that haven't clashed.

For now at least I don't think the names can really be much to go on.

ninjapenguin981
    I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
    ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    posted 13 August 2014 06:30 PM EDT (US)     102 / 401       
    Yup. If Excel isn't scum he's the worst Townie since ColdViper.
    This made me laugh pretty hard.

ninjapenguin981
    Weed Basket
    Carrier-pigeon of bad news
    (id: Baske)
    posted 14 August 2014 08:27 AM EDT (US)     103 / 401       
    1.We know he has a night action.
    We have exactly zero evidence of this. Seriously, not even a hint that he has even a passive ability such as iron or double-vote, let alone an active ability like doctor, cop, role-blocker, vigilante, or hitman.
    So I'm not the only one to notice this? Excel - did we miss an obvious clue?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 14 August 2014 08:28 AM EDT (US)     104 / 401       
    It seems people want me to claim but 2 people out of 11 is not exactly a strong push for my role claim. I do not mind claiming but following what two people want could easily be scum manipulating the town.
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 14 August 2014 09:03 AM EDT (US)     105 / 401       
    Yes, and no, Baske. I primarily hit Ash with a hunch, based on circumstantial evidence and my interpretation of it to see how he responds. Blatant may or may not recall a game last year where I, as a cop, was getting really ticked at getting roleblocked each night, and I accused him of it, based on a hunch, and circumstantial evidence. Turns out I was right, although he was town. I merely used a similar tactic here.

@Scragins: Alex suggested it, then Ash, and I put my two cents in. That kinda makes three. Six is the prime number though, so I wouldn't worry much about it.

@Mozzy:.....Should I start with the point that,you had an excuse for late-claiming, and Ash didn't? You appear to be off on a tangent to prove once and for all that name-claiming is stupid in this meta, although you do call me a blundering idiot for my name-claim, then a blundering idiot for mildly looking at someone else's name-claim, and there was also the point about fake claims being too easy.

So let me get this straight....I'm stupid for mistaking my name-claim, stupid for looking at someone else's name-claim, stupid for thinking about name-claims period (even to see if anything turns up), stupid for following town wishes by supporting the name-claim, and stupid for, uh, even playing mafia period? I think that about sums it up.
    Alex
    (VIP) Reverie World Studios
    (id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
    posted 14 August 2014 06:34 PM EDT (US)     106 / 401       
    What's the circumstantial evidence? That's a pretty big accusation if it's just from a hunch.

Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    (id: The Cheese Man)
    posted 14 August 2014 10:41 PM EDT (US)     107 / 401       
    No, Excel. You're *being* stupid for...

• Reading into your role email so much. Assuming we all had similar emails, you were given your name (Moorish Idol), your role (?), and your alignment (?). There shouldn't have been any additional flavor, so for you to read so much into that is either stupid or indicative of you having more flavor than other players. In all fairness, I'm leaning toward the former.

• Buying into this whole name-claim bullshit when, once we've all claimed, we have zero progress to show for it. Seriously, not one ounce of evidence or legitimate suspicion has been raised based on what people have claimed. The only suspicions being raised which hold any weight are based on the behavior of players (not their claims), namely your behavior.

• Yes, thinking about name-claims at all once it's been pretty well established that they don't mean anything.
    Should I start with the point that,you had an excuse for late-claiming, and Ash didn't?
    He's not obligated to give an excuse. I could have lied about forgetting the game. So could have he. It's nothing to go on. Literally nothing. If he were scum, I'm sure he would have realized early on in the name-claiming that his claim was inconsequential and that as long as he didn't choose fisherman he was good to go.
    You appear to be off on a tangent to prove once and for all that name-claiming is stupid in this meta, although you do call me a blundering idiot for my name-claim, then a blundering idiot for mildly looking at someone else's name-claim, and there was also the point about fake claims being too easy.
    I'm trying to squash this name-claiming business so we can move on. Stop looking into it; it's a waste of time. I'm not calling you an idiot for claiming a Moorish Idol; I'm calling you a blundering idiot for blundering through the most simple name-claim imaginable. I think that about covers why you're being dumb.

My vote remains on Excel for the following reasons. Feel free to counter.

• I'd like to preface this by saying we have no one more suspicious than Excel because it's so early in the game and we have zero information from investigative, protective, or other roles. If this were late-game, this would be really weak justification but I feel that he's our best option.

• Excel has harped on this name-claim business longer than reasonable and has tried to put suspicion on another player based solely on it.

• Excel has lied, saying we know Ash has a night action. That's just a straight-up lie. We do not know one way or the other if Ash is a Vanilla Townie or if he has a passive action or if he as an active action. Excel has lied.

• Excel refuses to use any logic and is admittedly relying on gut-feelings (TruthinessTM) which make zero since.

That's why I think Excel should at least claim. Excel, please claim your name, role, and alignment.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
  • ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    posted 15 August 2014 04:08 AM EDT (US)     108 / 401       
    Excel may know that Ash has a night action from his role or something. I'd like to hear how "we know" this before he fully claims.

ninjapenguin981
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 15 August 2014 07:12 AM EDT (US)     109 / 401       
    I'd like to hear how "we know" this before he fully claims.
    I don't think we do know.
    WRP
    Mortal
    (id: WRP_BEATER)
    posted 15 August 2014 11:18 AM EDT (US)     110 / 401       
    He did state "how" we know. His deductive method could use some inductive experience first

AoMH retired Scenario designer
    Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
    lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
    Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
    Alex
    posted 15 August 2014 01:22 PM EDT (US)     111 / 401       
    I'd still like a claim from scragins, if for no other reason than this game is excruciatingly slow.

I can't imaging Excel being mafia. And he's active, even if his posts aren't the most insightful, so I think he's worth keeping around (as long as he doesn't have us go chasing red herrings).

sneaky_squirrel
    Mortal
    posted 15 August 2014 05:25 PM EDT (US)     112 / 401       
    Excelsior has been making a lot of claims, but has not given us solid evidence.

Sounds like Excelsior is on to something though (I have no proof of such, its a gut feeling). Giving Excelsior one night before claiming might be advantageous to us (In the case he has a power role we don't want to lose).

I think we should pressure scragins as random pressure, like Alex suggested, to get the game going. Name claims have given us nothing substantial to work with.

Vote: scragins

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 15 August 2014 06:29 PM EDT (US)     113 / 401       
    I'm a tracker.
    Alex
    posted 15 August 2014 07:34 PM EDT (US)     114 / 401       
    Any interesting discoveries from night 0?

scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 15 August 2014 08:07 PM EDT (US)     115 / 401       
    I followed someone to someone else but as no one said they were blocked (I asked once or twice) and the person who my target targeted did not die I see nano reason to reveal who my target was as that would reveal someone else to have a power role. I think it is better to see if when they claim they say who they targeted or lie and say they targeted no one. Currently I think they are town as they did not kill someone and I have no other evidence to suggest that a pro scum action occured.
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    (id: The Cheese Man)
    posted 15 August 2014 11:38 PM EDT (US)     116 / 401       
    I have no proof of such, its a gut feeling

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    Alex
    posted 16 August 2014 04:23 PM EDT (US)     117 / 401       
    Well, since no one else is coming up with any leads (other than Excel), I also find it odd that we have two surgeonfish.

scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 16 August 2014 11:18 PM EDT (US)     118 / 401       
    Ninja and Sneaky. I think it would be worth while to get claims from them.
    Weed Basket
    Carrier-pigeon of bad news
    (id: Baske)
    posted 17 August 2014 02:48 AM EDT (US)     119 / 401       
    You know what, that ís odd, Alex...

About the recent posts though, I understand the reasoning behind Cheddar's votes completely. Yet I'm still in the belief he's not the one we should be pushing at this moment.

I don't know what the use would be to look into the fact there's 2 surgeonfish, but just hearing people's voices and judging their tone might help, but that sort of 'evidence' would only be circumstancial at this point.

Way I see it?

Vote for Excelsior - although I do not believe now is the time, because;

Vote for Scragins - because his behavior has red flags all over. Apologies if I'm not going to resort to quoting every mail, but even his investigation claim sounds off.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 17 August 2014 03:43 AM EDT (US)     120 / 401       
    I doubt things will give us any solid leads today - it is day one after all.
    It is worth pursuing Excelsior and the two surgenfish IMO. If they are masonic I would like them to claim as such now to avoid it later.

(Internet access may be tricky for me next week, will be reading the thread at the very least)

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 17 August 2014 03:52 AM EDT (US)     121 / 401       
    Vote for Scragins - because his behavior has red flags all over. Apologies if I'm not going to resort to quoting every mail, but even his investigation claim sounds off.
    If need be I can tell you who I targeted (along with who they targeted) last night and they should then confirm that what I said is correct. However doing will reveal a power role that as I have already explained will be most likely town.
    ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    posted 17 August 2014 05:47 AM EDT (US)     122 / 401       
    I'm not masonic with sneaky as far as I'm aware. As for a full role claim I don't think we should be so eager to do. It's day 1 and while I agree that we don't really have much to go on, exposing any power roles that the town may have will probably be bad this early in the game.

ninjapenguin981
    sneaky_squirrel
    Mortal
    posted 17 August 2014 09:23 AM EDT (US)     123 / 401       
    I am not masonic with ninjapenguin.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    Ashrzr
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    (id: normandy887)
    posted 17 August 2014 10:49 AM EDT (US)     124 / 401       
    Scragins, you should reveal your target. It's suspicious that you didn't.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
    "What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 17 August 2014 01:19 PM EDT (US)     125 / 401       
    I think we should leave off further claims until tomorrow, we don't want a full role claim from everyone on day one.

Vote: Excelsior
    The best option from today IMO.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7 ··· 16  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames