You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.401 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
Bottom
Topic Subject:Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 16  Next Page »
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 29 July 2014 03:27 PM EDT (US)         

Life was good in the coral reef. Countless species of colorful fish lived out their lives, found mates, and raised families of their own. Everything was as it should be. Then, one day, a dark figure swam overhead, blocking out the sun and shrouding everything in darkness. There was a new danger in the reef, and it threatened to end the fishes peaceful way of life forever.

Rules:

• This game is closed communication unless specified in your role email.
  • Don't directly quote your role email.
  • Don't edit any of your posts in the game thread.
  • Don't post after the day has ended.
  • Please vote and unvote correctly.
  • An inactive fish is a dead fish. Don't be an inactive fish.
  • Don't post after you're dead.
  • Normal mafia game mechanics apply.
  • Night will not last longer than 48 hours.
  • Just keep swimming.

Still swimming:

1.Ashrzr
    2.Baske
    3.scragins

Belly up:
    1.Out Reach - Sunset Wrasse - VT
    2.Excelsior - Moorish Idol - VT
    3.Herr - Potter's Angelfish - VT
    4.WRP - Grey Reef Shark - Mafia Goon
    5.sneaky squirrel - Great White Shark - Mafia Godfather
    6.Yeeb - Blue-Spotted Stingray - Roleblocker
    7.Cheddar Chap - Saddleback Butterflyfish - VT
    7.Alex - Golden Damselfish - VT
    8.ninjapenguin - Striped Surgeonfish - Doctor

Replacements:
    1.Lewonas

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by Blatant (edited 11-11-2014 @ 07:51 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Blatant
    posted 29 July 2014 03:28 PM EDT (US)     1 / 401       

It is now Night 0. Send any actions to me at blatant7@heavengames.com. Day begins in 48 hours, or whenever all actions are in.

Blatant
    posted 30 July 2014 08:46 PM EDT (US)     2 / 401       
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    At the crack of dawn, the first few rays of sunlight beamed down on the reef from the surface above. The creatures of the coral reef emerged from their homes to find that Out Reach was missing. Soon after, pieces of his skeleton were found scattered across the reef.

Out Reach, a Sunset Wrasse, has been killed. He was a Vanilla Townie. It is now Day 1. It takes 6 votes to lynch.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 31 July 2014 01:36 AM EDT (US)     3 / 401       
    I guess the Sunset Wrasse couldn't stand the first sunrise.

Only 1 kill reported kill attempt is good.
    Weed Basket
    Carrier-pigeon of bad news
    (id: Baske)
    posted 31 July 2014 02:33 AM EDT (US)     4 / 401       
    Damnit, why Out Reach?! Whoever took Out Reach is a cruel bastard, what are we going to do without his puns?

In my opinion, 1 kill doesn't really give us any information other than the mafia made 1 kill. No information about how many actual killers we have running around.

Just imagining all the predators and venomous scum in the watery blues, I can imagine we have some sleepers lying around, waiting to strike?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
    Weed Basket
    posted 31 July 2014 02:34 AM EDT (US)     5 / 401       
    Or "drifting around", if we're living up to the context.

Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 31 July 2014 03:29 AM EDT (US)     6 / 401       
    I guess the Sunset Wrasse couldn't stand the first sunrise.

Could be a same assumption that there is only one mafia faction and no serial killer.

Unless anyone is prepared to come forward with any information (unlikely), I suggest we could do a name claim to try and gather information.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    (id: ninjapenguin)
    posted 31 July 2014 03:49 AM EDT (US)     7 / 401       
    I'm assuming we would have known if there was another attempted kill which failed rather than it being not mentioned, so it seems at least for now that we are dealing with a reasonably standard setup. Read; one mafia.

ninjapenguin981
    I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
    Weed Basket
    posted 31 July 2014 05:50 AM EDT (US)     8 / 401       
    What kind of information would you expect people to come forward with, Yeebers? Let's not simply assume something; it's never worked in my favor.

I'm all in favor of a name-claim. Also any potential extras in the role are to be mentioned. Who's in favor?

Ninja, where are you going with your comment, other than saying the same Yeeb said?

ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    (id: ninjapenguin)
    posted 31 July 2014 06:08 AM EDT (US)     9 / 401       
    Nowhere really, I guess I am just saying the same thing. I think that name claiming might not actually reveal anything. Reach's fish name doesn't really seem to imply vanilla, but perhaps some of the other roles are more obvious.

Regardless, as with all name claims it is a risk to have it too early due to power roles potentially being exposed unless they lie which invokes LAL.

ninjapenguin981
    I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 31 July 2014 06:38 AM EDT (US)     10 / 401       
    What kind of information would you expect people to come forward with, Yeebers?
    Now that would be telling . I think I may have a way to distinguish between real and fake names.
    Also any potential extras in the role are to be mentioned.
    That would reveal our power roles, and I don't want that (needless to say the mafia would). Just the name will suffice if the majority gets on board.

I imagine the mafia will have 3 or 4 players.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 31 July 2014 08:40 AM EDT (US)     11 / 401       
    Countless species of colorful fish lived out their lives, found mates, and raised families of their own. Everything was as it should be. Then, one day, a dark figure swam overhead, blocking out the sun and shrouding everything in darkness. There was a new danger in the reef, and it threatened to end the fishes peaceful way of life forever.
    To me this does suggest that townies will be fish, how ever I am not actually a fish. Sunset Wrasse is a rather specific name and with thousands of species of fish there is certainly room for scum to find fake claims. I do support a name claim once everyone has posted if we have no new information.
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 31 July 2014 08:45 AM EDT (US)     12 / 401       
    I am going to do something I normally wouldn't do, since the first day fell on Thursday, and so I'll lead with the name-claim (Since I won't be here tomorrow ). I actually think a name-claim is a good idea, as it allows us to get a feel for each player, and hopefully ferret out scum in later game.

Here's my claim, (with ad lib and paraphrase )
    I am the God of the Sea. I have seen the past, and I will see the future. Serve me well, my beloved fishes, and you will be blessed. Turn against me, and you will, unfortunately, regret it.
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 31 July 2014 08:51 AM EDT (US)     13 / 401       
    Er...sorry Scragins, didn't see your post. And no, I'm not a fish either.
    Out Reach
    Mortal
    (id: newreach268)
    posted 31 July 2014 11:28 AM EDT (US)     14 / 401       
    *dies*

Out Reach
    The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 31 July 2014 08:09 PM EDT (US)     15 / 401       
    God of the sea? I was not expecting this game to be mythical. Do we have any other mythical beings, or does anyone have evidence to suggest a mythical being. If not I think Excelsior is either fake claiming or a beloved princess (not sure if that is the correct term).
    Alex
    (VIP) Reverie World Studios
    (id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
    posted 01 August 2014 00:41 AM EDT (US)     16 / 401       
    I don't have a mythical role, and I'm not sure why anyone would volunteer such a claim so early on. I'm also a little surprised to see flavor as my role didn't have any.

Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 01 August 2014 08:45 AM EDT (US)     17 / 401       
    Excelsior's claim is certainly an odd one.
    I wouldn't want to incur the wrath of a sea god as it dos look like something Blatant would write - but this role is certainly an odd one out.

Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 01 August 2014 09:18 AM EDT (US)     18 / 401       
    Fortunately for you, my beloved fishes, my boss had an over load of work for me, allowing me to come in on Friday.

@Scragins and Yeeb: XD Just because I said god of the sea does not automatically mean mythical. Blatant specifically said don’t quote your emails. The idea of paraphrasing a pagan statue into a god of the sea seemed appropriate.

@Alex: Again, quoting your emails is bad. I simply paraphrased it from very boring English into rather flowery, underwater Triton-ey stuff. It almost exclusively contains my name, although an extremely astute player would be able to deduce my role as well. However, since that was not asked for I didn’t make a point to give it.

My whole objective in claiming early was because I expected to be gone four days straight over each weekend, and I didn’t want to fail to do my part to be active. Also, nothing is really gained for town or mafia except my name-claim, and that I’m trying to be flexible, even to the point of drawing attention to myself early in an attempt to supply info for town efforts while I’m absent.
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 01 August 2014 08:39 PM EDT (US)     19 / 401       
    Ok so now you have claimed as a pagan statue, that is an inanimate object. I also don't associate Pagans with a coral reef. Are you actually a "Pagan statue" like reach was a Sunset Wrasse? I want you to finalise your name claim.
    Ashrzr
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    (id: normandy887)
    posted 02 August 2014 00:35 AM EDT (US)     20 / 401       
    In my experience, it is good to start off a game by having any survivors or millers claim now; if they claim later we lynch them on the basis that they are probably lying or they did not play by the town's consensus, both of which are suspicious. A) This puts pressure on scum to lie now or never. B) Knowing of survivors early in the game helps us out; things get tricky when discovering a survivor late game who could suddenly side with scum when things get close. Miller claims are a bonus; lie or no, they receive added attention early on.

Second: it is also helpful to avoid lurkers, and look at anybody who does lurk according to what mafia soothsayer Julius would call our 'Town policy'. In my opinion, everybody ought to post at least once every 72 hours; that is not an unreasonable commitment.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
    "What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
    Ashrzr
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    (id: normandy887)
    posted 02 August 2014 00:41 AM EDT (US)     21 / 401       
    In my opinion, everybody ought to post at least once every 72 hours; that is not an unreasonable commitment.
    That is to say, unless they are genuinely without internet access.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
    "What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
    Weed Basket
    posted 02 August 2014 05:03 PM EDT (US)     22 / 401       
    We're still missing input from:

3.WRP
    4.Cheddar Chap
    7.Herr
    9.sneaky squirrel

Did I miss anybody?

WRP
    Mortal
    (id: WRP_BEATER)
    posted 02 August 2014 09:05 PM EDT (US)     23 / 401       
    Sorry, just moved to the US, and there's lots of stuff I've had to do.

Name claiming would get us nowhere. Yeebaagooon seems like he suggested we should name claim because he has a way of identifying false name claims, maybe a lie detector ability, but why would he give that away so early on?

However, as it's day 1 and no leads, we might as well find stuff and make small cases out of it instead of the ordinary random voting. Something I noticed:
    hen, one day, a dark figure swam overhead, blocking out the sun and shrouding everything in darkness.
    I am the God of the Sea.
    A God seems like something that could be big and scary, especially for how Excelsior worded his claim.
    There was a new danger in the reef, and it threatened to end the fishes peaceful way of life forever.
    Serve me well, my beloved fishes, and you will be blessed. Turn against me, and you will, unfortunately, regret it.
    A God seems like something that could screw your life up.

Not a big lead, but definitely something to start day 1 with.

AoMH retired Scenario designer
    Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
    lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
    Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 03 August 2014 04:14 AM EDT (US)     24 / 401       
    Name claiming would get us nowhere.
    Yet four sentences later you quote someones claimed name.
    Excelsior does seem to have botched up his claim but he said he will be away for a few days so let's get someone else to name claim.

I think Mozzy, Herr and Sneaky would be good options as they are not quite random.
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 03 August 2014 04:44 AM EDT (US)     25 / 401       
    @WRP's post - SO MUCH CONTRADICTION
    Name claiming would get us nowhere. Yeebaagooon seems like he suggested we should name claim because he has a way of identifying false name claims, maybe a lie detector ability, but why would he give that away so early on?
    You seem to be imposing an ability on me, I never claimed anything as such.
    Name claiming could get us somewhere. It shouldn't really have any negative impact on the town unless Excelsior turns out to be correct, almost certainly a player worth protecting at the moment. It will get everyone to come forward and contribute to the discussion at the very least.

Your post seems to heavily attack Excelsior. Granted, it's a strange name to go for but the risks of us being wrong on it outweigh any further interrogations IMO.
    Name claim please, WRP.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 16  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames