You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.401 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
Bottom
Topic Subject:Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9 ··· 16  Next Page »
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 29 July 2014 03:27 PM EDT (US)         

Life was good in the coral reef. Countless species of colorful fish lived out their lives, found mates, and raised families of their own. Everything was as it should be. Then, one day, a dark figure swam overhead, blocking out the sun and shrouding everything in darkness. There was a new danger in the reef, and it threatened to end the fishes peaceful way of life forever.

Rules:

• This game is closed communication unless specified in your role email.
  • Don't directly quote your role email.
  • Don't edit any of your posts in the game thread.
  • Don't post after the day has ended.
  • Please vote and unvote correctly.
  • An inactive fish is a dead fish. Don't be an inactive fish.
  • Don't post after you're dead.
  • Normal mafia game mechanics apply.
  • Night will not last longer than 48 hours.
  • Just keep swimming.

Still swimming:

1.Ashrzr
    2.Baske
    3.scragins

Belly up:
    1.Out Reach - Sunset Wrasse - VT
    2.Excelsior - Moorish Idol - VT
    3.Herr - Potter's Angelfish - VT
    4.WRP - Grey Reef Shark - Mafia Goon
    5.sneaky squirrel - Great White Shark - Mafia Godfather
    6.Yeeb - Blue-Spotted Stingray - Roleblocker
    7.Cheddar Chap - Saddleback Butterflyfish - VT
    7.Alex - Golden Damselfish - VT
    8.ninjapenguin - Striped Surgeonfish - Doctor

Replacements:
    1.Lewonas

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by Blatant (edited 11-11-2014 @ 07:51 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Weed Basket
    Carrier-pigeon of bad news
    (id: Baske)
    posted 20 August 2014 01:07 AM EDT (US)     151 / 401       
    It's easy enough to test scragins' claim if he were to reveal his findings and if we could get the trackee to confirm or deny. No actual actions need to be revealed, and even if the trackee is scum, they'll know they'd be the next target for a lynch if scragins comes up innocent.
    True..

Unvote

Vote: Excelsior

Like I said, nothing against you (not much at least) - but it's hard to go against the reasoning of some of the guys pressuring you.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 20 August 2014 01:08 AM EDT (US)     152 / 401       
    My target targeted Herr.
    It's a given that almost every role in this game is a power role. The risk of revealing one is not a very good reason to hide the target, because none of us will even know what Herr's role is.
    What evidence is there because so far the only dead player is a VT so it can hardly be taken for granted.
    There is almost never any circumstantial evidence on Day 1.
    So is there no evidence apart from my name?
    Weed Basket
    posted 20 August 2014 02:02 AM EDT (US)     153 / 401       
    Herr, out of interest, do you play many mafia games here at Heavengames?

Alex
    (VIP) Reverie World Studios
    (id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
    posted 20 August 2014 02:02 AM EDT (US)     154 / 401       
    Did you mean to vote scragins, Bas?
    So is there no evidence apart from my name?
    This is day one, and it's not looking like we'll have the luxury of solid evidence - which is why you can still easily change the vote by coming up with a convincing enough lead or having your target confirm your discovery.

I'd really focus more on protecting yourself than your target. What are the chances that power roles don't make up the majority of this game? I haven't played a Blatant game in a while so you guys may know his style better, but VTs have been a very small minority in all the games I can remember.

Weed Basket
    posted 20 August 2014 02:15 AM EDT (US)     155 / 401       
    Yes, Alex. I'm just not convinced, even after his claim.

scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 20 August 2014 03:10 AM EDT (US)     156 / 401       
    This is day one, and it's not looking like we'll have the luxury of solid evidence - which is why you can still easily change the vote by coming up with a convincing enough lead or having your target confirm your discovery.
    Well if you had a look at the last vote count I am not the one under pressure so currently I don't need to save myself or the person I targeted.

Has Excel even claimed yet?
    Alex
    posted 20 August 2014 11:30 AM EDT (US)     157 / 401       
    Vote: Scragins
    Yes, Alex. I'm just not convinced, even after his claim.
    I think you voted for Excel by accident then?

Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    (id: The Cheese Man)
    posted 20 August 2014 11:07 PM EDT (US)     158 / 401       
    Before we lynch anybody I want a claim from Excel.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    Weed Basket
    posted 21 August 2014 01:16 AM EDT (US)     159 / 401       
    Herr, out of interest, do you play many mafia games here at Heavengames?
    Just so it doesn't get lost in the messages and the fact that you didn't see it can be used as a convenient excuse

Alex, no I did not by accident vote for Excelsior. I just wanted to get some movement going. If we all do what we think is right we might end up doing nothing.. My vote stays as is for the moment, to pressure Excelsior into claiming.

I'm keeping my suspicions of Scragins right where they are though.

Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 21 August 2014 01:19 AM EDT (US)     160 / 401       
    Herr has probably played (and won) more games than anyone here/a combination of any two players.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    Weed Basket
    posted 21 August 2014 01:26 AM EDT (US)     161 / 401       
    Thanks Cheddar.. I wanted to verify whether Herr as a target would make sense. From that piece of intel I gather that whoever targeted Herr, knows Herr.

Whatever we can gather from that..

scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 21 August 2014 05:23 AM EDT (US)     162 / 401       
    Now it is getting towards the point of saving myself so. Yeeb targeted Herr last night.
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 21 August 2014 07:58 AM EDT (US)     163 / 401       
    While I appreciate that you want my role, Cheddar Chap, (seeing as I already gave you my name and alignment) I also believe that the scum would want my role too, in order to better know our setup.

I would therefore request putting my role-claim off till Day 2. I prefer this in most of the several games I've played (although nowhere near as many as others, I know), as I feel it helps to have an aggressive player that the scum are unsure about.

If that policy is adopted, I will claim in my first post of Day 2. If you are still not satisfied with the points I tried to make in my long post, and with my point here, then I will, as Baske said, put aside my individual beliefs about town strategy and claim today.

I'm pretty sure you'll say it'll be best today, but I wanted to put my two cents out there.

A question, though: if you're planning on lynching me, will it really matter if I role-claim or not? Are you planning on immediately taking your vote off to allow time to think about my role-claim? Or is this just one of those "last words before you die" type things?
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 21 August 2014 08:08 AM EDT (US)     164 / 401       
    Scragins; you have ONE vote on you. This ultra-defensive behaviour is uncharacteristic of you.

You made a decent point by stating that who you targeted targeted Herr. But all this talk about "digging yourself into a hole by postponing," just doesn't add up to who you usually are, as far as I remember.

And then this point where you have one vote on you, then start talking about saving yourself....I don't get it. Why the desperation?
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 21 August 2014 08:37 AM EDT (US)     165 / 401       
    And then this point where you have one vote on you, then start talking about saving yourself....I don't get it. Why the desperation?
    I think I have 2, sneaky and Alex with Baske taking his vote off me but stating that it is because he thinks more people favour your lynch and doesn't want the game to stall. So almost 3 votes which is half of the number required to be lynched. Also with 4 votes on you and myself currently the only claimed PR (although others think there are more, also Yeeb now) it is possibly better to have the town know my information than have me killed in the night and no-one no it.
    WRP
    Mortal
    (id: WRP_BEATER)
    posted 21 August 2014 11:09 AM EDT (US)     166 / 401       
    While I appreciate that you want my role, Cheddar Chap, (seeing as I already gave you my name and alignment) I also believe that the scum would want my role too, in order to better know our setup.
    Both town and scum may want you to claim, that point is moot.
    I would therefore request putting my role-claim off till Day 2. I prefer this in most of the several games I've played (although nowhere near as many as others, I know), as I feel it helps to have an aggressive player that the scum are unsure about.
    The problem with that is that we would still need to lynch somebody today, and we have no better targets.
    A question, though: if you're planning on lynching me, will it really matter if I role-claim or not? Are you planning on immediately taking your vote off to allow time to think about my role-claim? Or is this just one of those "last words before you die" type things?
    A claim could change people's minds. Before lynching a suspicious player, a townie may want to know what that player is, and maybe stop the lynch if it's too much of a risky loss. Which takes us back to point 1:
    For scum, as long as a townie is lynched, it's indifferent whether he has claimed or not, while for a townie it's vital in order to avoid a blind lynch.

AoMH retired Scenario designer
    Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
    lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
    Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
    Ashrzr
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    (id: normandy887)
    posted 21 August 2014 11:39 AM EDT (US)     167 / 401       
    Yeeb, can you confirm?

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
    "What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
    Alex
    posted 21 August 2014 11:48 PM EDT (US)     168 / 401       
    Thanks, scragins.

Unvote

Excel, I would really just state your role. I don't think you're scum, but after three weeks of no solid leads, I think we're all pretty much ready for a lynch so I wouldn't linger long.

And yes, Yeeb, please confirm.

scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 22 August 2014 00:47 AM EDT (US)     169 / 401       
    Excel since you your vote count on me didn't match yours I'll tell you I think you have 4 votes on you (2/3 of a lynch). You are just about at the point of being lynched if you don't claim.
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 22 August 2014 00:49 AM EDT (US)     170 / 401       
    Excel since you your vote count on me didn't match mine

Just a slight correction in my last post.
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 22 August 2014 01:37 AM EDT (US)     171 / 401       
    If I think your role is as suspicious or fantastical as your name-claim was, I'll keep my vote on you, certainly. If it seems benign, I might refrain. But I'm not going to agree to you surviving this day without claiming.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 22 August 2014 07:27 AM EDT (US)     172 / 401       
    But I'm not going to agree to you surviving this day without claiming.
    Similarly if you refuse to claim at L-2 I do support your lynch. I will give you about 3 days before I'll vote for you if you don't claim.
    Ashrzr
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    (id: normandy887)
    posted 23 August 2014 00:46 AM EDT (US)     173 / 401       
    Let's assume we grab no more claims, because that seems to be the way the wind is blowing. If Yeeb confirms scragins, then scragins is at least obligated to be useful to the town. I don't think scragins will be lynched. That leaves Excel, who might be an anti-scragins, a liability. The lynch debate will boil down to who is more useful to the town. Excel loses. We can only investigate one of them in the night, so a no-lynch just delays the decision. So, the better decision is to lynch one now and investigate the other tonight. Since scragins is a tracker, and tracker SKs exist, it makes sense to investigate him and have a confirmed friendly tracker on our side. I think we will lynch Excel.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
    "What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 23 August 2014 01:13 AM EDT (US)     174 / 401       
    Ash, I think you're being really blind with regards to Scragins. I'm far from saying he's confirmed Town but I also think it's less likely he's a tracker SK.

There are serial cops, role-blockers, vigilantes (SK), watchers, trackers, and any other role. I think you're just clawing for reasons to suspect Scragins. I welcome an investigation of him but I seriously think he's not suspicious.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 23 August 2014 01:39 AM EDT (US)     175 / 401       
    Ash do you have any points against me apart from the fact that I claimed as a dolphin because you are not dropping the case that you think I could be a Serial Killer?
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9 ··· 16  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames