You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.401 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
Bottom
Topic Subject:Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9 10 ··· 16  Next Page »
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 29 July 2014 03:27 PM EDT (US)         

Life was good in the coral reef. Countless species of colorful fish lived out their lives, found mates, and raised families of their own. Everything was as it should be. Then, one day, a dark figure swam overhead, blocking out the sun and shrouding everything in darkness. There was a new danger in the reef, and it threatened to end the fishes peaceful way of life forever.

Rules:

• This game is closed communication unless specified in your role email.
  • Don't directly quote your role email.
  • Don't edit any of your posts in the game thread.
  • Don't post after the day has ended.
  • Please vote and unvote correctly.
  • An inactive fish is a dead fish. Don't be an inactive fish.
  • Don't post after you're dead.
  • Normal mafia game mechanics apply.
  • Night will not last longer than 48 hours.
  • Just keep swimming.

Still swimming:

1.Ashrzr
    2.Baske
    3.scragins

Belly up:
    1.Out Reach - Sunset Wrasse - VT
    2.Excelsior - Moorish Idol - VT
    3.Herr - Potter's Angelfish - VT
    4.WRP - Grey Reef Shark - Mafia Goon
    5.sneaky squirrel - Great White Shark - Mafia Godfather
    6.Yeeb - Blue-Spotted Stingray - Roleblocker
    7.Cheddar Chap - Saddleback Butterflyfish - VT
    7.Alex - Golden Damselfish - VT
    8.ninjapenguin - Striped Surgeonfish - Doctor

Replacements:
    1.Lewonas

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by Blatant (edited 11-11-2014 @ 07:51 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    (id: The Cheese Man)
    posted 23 August 2014 01:45 AM EDT (US)     176 / 401       
    Again, I seriously doubt names have anything to do with this. I'm only slightly curious that we apparently have two sturgeon fish but even then it's a low priority.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 23 August 2014 02:35 AM EDT (US)     177 / 401       
    Again, I seriously doubt names have anything to do with this. I'm only slightly curious that we apparently have two sturgeon fish but even then it's a low priority.
    Well then why else would Ash be suspicious of me, not that I think they give us much information due to the ease of finding a fake claim.
    Ashrzr
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    (id: normandy887)
    posted 23 August 2014 04:34 AM EDT (US)     178 / 401       
    Ash, I think you're being really blind with regards to Scragins. I'm far from saying he's confirmed Town but I also think it's less likely he's a tracker SK.

There are serial cops, role-blockers, vigilantes (SK), watchers, trackers, and any other role. I think you're just clawing for reasons to suspect Scragins. I welcome an investigation of him but I seriously think he's not suspicious.
    You misread my post.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
    "What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 23 August 2014 06:00 AM EDT (US)     179 / 401       
    I will confirm that scargins is correct.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 23 August 2014 06:44 PM EDT (US)     180 / 401       
    Vanilla townie
    Alex
    (VIP) Reverie World Studios
    (id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
    posted 23 August 2014 10:19 PM EDT (US)     181 / 401       
    Hmm.

Back when you were under the impression that a moorish idol was the "god of the seas," you said "an extremely astute player would be able to deduce my role as well."

How would you expect anyone to deduce the simplest of roles from the grandest of names?

Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 23 August 2014 10:23 PM EDT (US)     182 / 401       
    Your claims brings us to one question.

Do we believe Excelsior? If he claimed cop, we could wait for a counterclaim or ask for information he may have gained from last night. If he claimed doctor, we could have asked who he targeted, if he had any restrictions. If he claimed role-blocker, we could have asked about last night's actions. But since he has claimed Vanilla Townie we have one question: do we believe him? There's no counterclaim to be done; no inspection of his actions last night; no inquiries into the details of his role. We either believe him and leave him be for now or don't believe him and lynch him tonight.

He either sticks to his story and it's up in the air or he changes his story and is lynched immediately for lying.

unvote

I'm trying for no mislynches. I'm willing to believe Excel for now.

Ash, how did I misread your post?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 24 August 2014 00:36 AM EDT (US)     183 / 401       
    A problem I have with him claiming VT is that there was a lot of procrastination with the claim and that seems irrational if you are only a VT, Usually when people try to avoid claiming they either are town with a PR (e.g. Doc) and don't want to be a target for scum or they are Scum trying to think up a fake claim that fits with the theme. VT certainly isn't the first so that leads towards the second option.
    Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    posted 24 August 2014 00:58 AM EDT (US)     184 / 401       
    Not saying he knows to do this but an unclaimed VT is very useful for the Town. Potential target for the scum that nets the bad guys nothing special. Once claimed, the list of potential power roles is reduced by one.

Our doctor, now that he's claimed, is that more likely to be killed tonight. However, I do think his claiming was necessary; I just also see reason to delay it.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 24 August 2014 03:47 AM EDT (US)     185 / 401       
    I don't believe Excel, my vote remains. Too much blunder and contradiction.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    Ashrzr
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    (id: normandy887)
    posted 26 August 2014 00:22 AM EDT (US)     186 / 401       
    Ash, how did I misread your post?
    You implied that I was gunning for scragins when I was really speaking in favor of him. On that note, I will Vote: Excelsior. Alex nailed it. Excel's role doesn't at all match what he said at the beginning.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
    "What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
    Weed Basket
    Carrier-pigeon of bad news
    (id: Baske)
    posted 26 August 2014 02:17 AM EDT (US)     187 / 401       
    What Yeeb said.

My vote stands.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
    ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    (id: ninjapenguin)
    posted 26 August 2014 04:45 AM EDT (US)     188 / 401       
    Sorry I've not been active, have been away for the weekend. Have re-read the post but couldn't see anywhere what Mozzy was saying about our doctor claiming?
    Our doctor, now that he's claimed, is that more likely to be killed tonight. However, I do think his claiming was necessary; I just also see reason to delay it.

ninjapenguin981
    I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 26 August 2014 08:08 AM EDT (US)     189 / 401       
    I am fully aware that scum confusion is the best, if not ONLY use for a VT's role. In fact, was I not insinuating I had a PR from post 1, hem? I only claimed because I bumbled my gamble, and even then I put it off as long as possible.

IF I had succeeded at making myself not only A potential scumshot, but THE scumshot, I, and town, would have gained two things:

1. I would have no longer needed to worry about my inactivity. This is no longer a problem, but, when I initialized the strategy, it was on my mind.

2. Town would have had their better assets protected for two nights, hopefully resulting in a success.

If I lost the gamble, as I am very close to doing, town will only lose a VT.

All my previous statements about bumbling my name and such are still accurate and truthful. I simply held back the information on my bluff, as its success relied on doing so.

I realize that this strategy of a VT not just being a potential scumshot, but actively trying to be the scum's target is a different type of gameplay, but I wanted to give it a shot at least once to see the result.
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 26 August 2014 08:38 AM EDT (US)     190 / 401       
    I do understand a VT trying to be a target for scum but by trying to have suspicion on you makes you not a scum target in the night because they will try and lynch you in the day. I was actually thinking that you had made a big mistake in your name claim but as your claim went on that just made you more suspicious to me and for the sake of progress it is probably best to lynch you. Vote: Excelsior

@Ninja When I first read what Mozzy said I thought he was talking about protecting the doc from claiming since that seemed to be the line of discussion that was being followed. When taken out of context it does seem to be a very confused sentence it makes a bit of sense if you change the tense of the words from past to present and that also fits the context of his post about not letting the scum know who to target.
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 26 August 2014 09:30 AM EDT (US)     191 / 401       
    In all reality I kinda agree with you, Scragins, but I'm still going to stick with Mozzy's policy of no mis-lynches.
    Blatant
    DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
    (id: blatant7)
    posted 26 August 2014 01:22 PM EDT (US)     192 / 401       
    Vote Count
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Excelsior: 5
    (Yeebaagooon, ninjapenguin, Baske, Ashrzr, scragins)
    scragins: 1 (sneaky squirrel)
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    6 votes to lynch

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 26 August 2014 01:40 PM EDT (US)     193 / 401       
    @Ash: I never claimed an actual role until now. If I wanted to lie I could have easily claimed watcher, which would have fit my flavor-ish claim. There would have been little chance of a counter-claim, and I could have fake-claimed watching any of several different people to make it through the day. I did not. I gave up my gamble when I thought I had tried to salvage it long enough, rather than making another gamble by fake-claiming an actual power role.
    sneaky_squirrel
    Mortal
    posted 26 August 2014 04:51 PM EDT (US)     194 / 401       
    I'm starting to think Excelsior is actually telling the truth. I don't see any hints at an ulterior motive in any of his posts.

First he claimed to be a godly sort of being (And later claimed that he believed he was an idol statue based on the name of the "Moorish Idol" fish). Then he was informed his role was an actual fish.

Excelsior kept hinting he did not want to reveal his role (To become a decoy for the night kill) and then, after being pressured into a corner, finally admitted to being a VT. Why would mafia act suspicious and try to get lynched? I can't shake off this question.

And scragins just said something that sounds really fishy:
    I do understand a VT trying to be a target for scum but by trying to have suspicion on you makes you not a scum target in the night because they will try and lynch you in the day. I was actually thinking that you had made a big mistake in your name claim but as your claim went on that just made you more suspicious to me and for the sake of progress it is probably best to lynch you. Vote: Excelsior
    At the end of the quote he mentions "...for the sake of progress it is probably best to lynch you." I just don't think Excelsior would have done what he just did if he were mafia, yet scragins thinks Excelsior would be the best lynch target to progress the game. I don't believe scragins thinks Excelsior is the best lynch target, I think he wants to waste a town lynch.

I'm with Cheddar Chap and Excelsior, I want to avoid a mislynch. I don't think Excelsior is our best lead, but rather scragins. I don't think scragins is really a tracker.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    Alex
    posted 26 August 2014 05:06 PM EDT (US)     195 / 401       
    Unless Yeeb and scragins are somehow aligned, scragins really is a tracker. Although that's not to say a tracker's necessarily town.

ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    (id: ninjapenguin)
    posted 26 August 2014 05:13 PM EDT (US)     196 / 401       
    Unless Yeeb and scragins are somehow aligned, scragins really is a tracker. Although that's not to say a tracker's necessarily town.
    That's true, and I doubt if Yeeb and scragins were mafia that they would risk both of them with the confirmation. Scragins could still be mafia tracker as you said though.

ninjapenguin981
    I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
    sneaky_squirrel
    Mortal
    posted 26 August 2014 06:25 PM EDT (US)     197 / 401       
    Seems I missed something.

I understand that Yeebaagooon confirmed scragins, but I have no idea what that means.

To word it in a different way, why can't I confirm scragins?

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 26 August 2014 06:40 PM EDT (US)     198 / 401       
    Only Yeeb can confirm me because I am a tracker that targeted him and found out Yeeb targeted Herr, which Yeeb then confirmed.
    The town seems to be opposed to getting another role claim today and therefore if we do want the game to continue we need to lynch. I am not strongly opposed to a no lynch but most players seem to be against them and changing target would probably cause inactivity which is bad for the town.
    Alex
    posted 26 August 2014 06:41 PM EDT (US)     199 / 401       
    scragins claimed to be a tracker and found that Yeeb targeted Herr last night. Yeeb confirmed that he did target Herr, thereby confirming scragins as a tracker.

sneaky_squirrel
    Mortal
    posted 26 August 2014 06:52 PM EDT (US)     200 / 401       
    Oh ok, sorry for the blunder there. Didn't know YEEBAAGOOON had targetted someone, I thought scragins had tracked Herr XD.

I'm going to close the curtains then.

Unvote

Vote: Excelsior

« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9 10 ··· 16  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames