You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.401 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
Bottom
Topic Subject:Coral Reef Mafia: Endgame
« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10 11 ··· 16  Next Page »
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 29 July 2014 03:27 PM EDT (US)         

Life was good in the coral reef. Countless species of colorful fish lived out their lives, found mates, and raised families of their own. Everything was as it should be. Then, one day, a dark figure swam overhead, blocking out the sun and shrouding everything in darkness. There was a new danger in the reef, and it threatened to end the fishes peaceful way of life forever.

Rules:

• This game is closed communication unless specified in your role email.
  • Don't directly quote your role email.
  • Don't edit any of your posts in the game thread.
  • Don't post after the day has ended.
  • Please vote and unvote correctly.
  • An inactive fish is a dead fish. Don't be an inactive fish.
  • Don't post after you're dead.
  • Normal mafia game mechanics apply.
  • Night will not last longer than 48 hours.
  • Just keep swimming.

Still swimming:

1.Ashrzr
    2.Baske
    3.scragins

Belly up:
    1.Out Reach - Sunset Wrasse - VT
    2.Excelsior - Moorish Idol - VT
    3.Herr - Potter's Angelfish - VT
    4.WRP - Grey Reef Shark - Mafia Goon
    5.sneaky squirrel - Great White Shark - Mafia Godfather
    6.Yeeb - Blue-Spotted Stingray - Roleblocker
    7.Cheddar Chap - Saddleback Butterflyfish - VT
    7.Alex - Golden Damselfish - VT
    8.ninjapenguin - Striped Surgeonfish - Doctor

Replacements:
    1.Lewonas

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by Blatant (edited 11-11-2014 @ 07:51 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 26 August 2014 07:05 PM EDT (US)     201 / 401       
    Bye town, I hope ya'll win!
    Blatant
    posted 26 August 2014 08:23 PM EDT (US)     202 / 401       
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    After a long day of heated discussion, one player stood out as the most suspicious. The other players surrounded Excelsior, and beat him to death. Unfortunately, they had chosen incorrectly.

Excelsior, a Moorish Idol, has been lynched. He was a Vanilla Townie. It is now Night 1. Send any actions to me at blatant7@heavengames.com. Day begins in 48 hours or whenever all actions are sent in.

Blatant
    posted 27 August 2014 11:05 PM EDT (US)     203 / 401       

The players awoke to blood. Lots of it.

Herr's lifeless corpse was floating upside down, nearly ripped apart by a savage attack.

Nearby, WRP was found dead as well.

Herr, a Potter's Angelfish and a Vanilla Townie has been killed. WRP, a Grey Reef Shark and a Mafia Goon has been killed. It is now Day 2. It takes 5 votes to lynch.

Alex
    (VIP) Reverie World Studios
    (id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
    posted 27 August 2014 11:41 PM EDT (US)     204 / 401       
    Nice work, whoever took out WRP.

I have a hunch. But first, anything worth reporting, scragins?

Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    (id: The Cheese Man)
    posted 27 August 2014 11:58 PM EDT (US)     205 / 401       
    I think the Town was really stupid last night. Once Excel claimed and explained his intentions it was pretty obvious he was telling the truth.
    Excel, your plan was actually pretty great. You just executed it in such a way that it only aided in distracting the Town from real progress. I see potential.

Vote: Scragins for that godawful reasoning last night. I'm not super suspicious of his roleclaim or even previous behavior. But lynching a player you admittedly don't suspect to be Scum only for progress's sake is super scummy. I think you hid your intention of whittling down the Town's numbers behind the idea that day was dragging on.

Who did you track, what did they do, and I need confirmation of that. Even after that, I probably won't be satisfied to be honest.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 28 August 2014 02:02 AM EDT (US)     206 / 401       
    I attempted to track Baske however my action failed. So I assume I was blocked.
    Vote: Scragins for that godawful reasoning last night. I'm not super suspicious of his roleclaim or even previous behavior. But lynching a player you admittedly don't suspect to be Scum only for progress's sake is super scummy. I think you hid your intention of whittling down the Town's numbers behind the idea that day was dragging on.
    I said I initially did not think he was scum but then changed my mind as he delayed his claim and then revealed he was a VT. Also earlier in the day I did suggest getting more claims (from the 2 surgeon fish) however that idea was tossed aside so it seemed that that town did not want any more players to claim hence actually lynching would lead progress.
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 28 August 2014 02:22 AM EDT (US)     207 / 401       
    As for a lead for today. I think Ash would be a good target because yesterday it said this.
    It's a given that almost every role in this game is a power role. The risk of revealing one is not a very good reason to hide the target, because none of us will even know what Herr's role is.
    Since that post I have asked him to to show some reasoning, which he has not done. As w
    So far 3 dead town players are all town. So this point is not true.

Also I find it interesting that Herr the player I tracked Yeeb to died, although I don't think it incriminates Yeeb though since WRP died, meaning Yeeb could not be a 3rd party poisoner.
    Weed Basket
    Carrier-pigeon of bad news
    (id: Baske)
    posted 28 August 2014 03:45 AM EDT (US)     208 / 401       
    If you were blocked, then that means Mafia has a blocker. Either way;

If you'd have followed me, here's what would have happened: You'd have seen me squash WRP with my big, fluffy and able bodymass.

It was obvious he was scum, if you'd have just analyzed all players' post judging effectiveness and usefulness of input. It became painfully obvious WRP was only posting for the heck of it, and never really putting any input besides putting blame on people that were already in the spotlight.

With that action done, I'll also reveal my full role; I'm neither affiliated to town nor mafia, but I'm not a Serial Killer: I win with either of you, as I'm one of those guys that just floats around pretty much minding his own business.

Why did I kill a mafia? It pretty much benefits me when either party gets out of the game asap. Since mafia is lower in number (I assume), taking them out gets me quickest to my win-condition.

I put it out like this for a number of reasons:
  • lynching or killing me does neither good to town nor mafia. My only losing condition is if I get killed. My killing, IMO, would benefit only benefit one party in a particular scenario: it would win mafia time if I were killed in the form a of a lynch. Any other kill is a kill better spent on a different target.

• I had a one-shit kill, which I have just used up on WRP: I can literally do nothing else anymore; essentially being a Vanilla Floaty (neither town nor mafia).

Game on guys. I'll happily answer any questions that might arise from this post.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
  • Weed Basket
    posted 28 August 2014 03:52 AM EDT (US)     209 / 401       
    As for Mafia, my 2 biggest FoSs at the moment go to Ninjapenguin and Ash. For the same reason why I pinpointed WRP.

scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 28 August 2014 04:25 AM EDT (US)     210 / 401       
    That means if you believe I am a tracker you should believe I am not a tracker SK otherwise there would be 2 non mafia killing roles in a game with 3 VT's (it seems a little interesting).

As I mentioned before I am suspicious of Ash and Ninja was one of the two surgeon fish so again a lead that I think is worthwhile to follow.
    WRP
    Mortal
    (id: WRP_BEATER)
    posted 28 August 2014 07:40 AM EDT (US)     211 / 401       
    Dammit, kill the whole town!

AoMH retired Scenario designer
    Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
    lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
    Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
    Excelsior
    Mortal
    posted 28 August 2014 07:46 AM EDT (US)     212 / 401       
    Thanks, Mozzy. I really should have used more subtlety, and more experience would have been nice, but I trust the town should still win.
    ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    (id: ninjapenguin)
    posted 28 August 2014 08:53 AM EDT (US)     213 / 401       
    So it seems that the mafia are not fish but are indeed apex predators or at least WRP was. Not as helpful as it could be because all the name-claims seem to be solid, perhaps indicating that Blatant provided fake claims.

I'm unsure why having two surgeonfish is particularly of interest as there are lots of different types or surgeonfish/tang.

ninjapenguin981
    I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 28 August 2014 10:21 AM EDT (US)     214 / 401       
    I think it is safe to assume that the mafia have at least one poer role whether it be a tracker or a roleblocker.
    This leaves at least 2 of them left to catch, possibly 3.

Good job Baske.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    Alex
    posted 28 August 2014 10:32 AM EDT (US)     215 / 401       
    It was obvious he was scum, if you'd have just analyzed all players' post judging effectiveness and usefulness of input. It became painfully obvious WRP was only posting for the heck of it, and never really putting any input besides putting blame on people that were already in the spotlight.
    I think half the group falls into this category.

My own suspicion is sneaky. Besides not being overly helpful or original with his posts,

1) His name claim is ridiculously obscure. It doesn't even seem to be a real fish, rather a nickname for a select variation of the Whitecheek Tang or the Japanese Surgeonfish.

2) He's one of two surgeonfish. The reefs are loaded with exotic fish. Why two of the same?

3) Immediately before putting the lynching vote on Excel, he stated that he thought Excel was telling the truth and that he wanted to avoid a mislynch. He presented no new information or reasons for the change of heart in the two hours between these posts.

4) And this is where I move my speculation onto our lovely host. Assuming Blatant grabbed a dozen fish all from the same page (which is what I would have done in his situation), Google has only indexed only three pages contain mentions of all four of the revealed fish:

http://reefguide.org/indopac/cat.html
    http://florent.us/reef/index_all.html
    http://reefguide.org/cat.html

These indexes contain 11 out of the 12 name claims. It's just our obscure little powder black surgeon that's missing. (Although it might be of note that Mozzy's Saddleblack is referred to as the Saddled Butterflyfish on each page.)

Again, this is going beyond the game and into the mind of Blatant, but at the very least, it shows the obscurity of sneaky's claim.

Vote: sneaky

Claim please.

ninjapenguin981
    Mortal
    (id: ninjapenguin)
    posted 28 August 2014 10:46 AM EDT (US)     216 / 401       
    That seems to be quite a convincing argument Alex. When I was searching everyone's claims sneaky's was the one I found hardest to find but I assumed it was because there are so many varieties of surgeonfish rather than it being an obscure nickname.

ninjapenguin981
    I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
    Ashrzr
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    (id: normandy887)
    posted 28 August 2014 04:47 PM EDT (US)     217 / 401       
    Since that post I have asked him to to show some reasoning, which he has not done. As w
    So far 3 dead town players are all town. So this point is not true.
    What exactly do you want me to explain? I said I believe most town roles in this game will have power roles, because VTs in bulk are rare, so your hesitance about revealing a power role was over-cautious.
    If you were blocked, then that means Mafia has a blocker. Either way;

If you'd have followed me, here's what would have happened: You'd have seen me squash WRP with my big, fluffy and able bodymass.

With that action done, I'll also reveal my full role; I'm neither affiliated to town nor mafia, but I'm not a Serial Killer: I win with either of you, as I'm one of those guys that just floats around pretty much minding his own business.

Why did I kill a mafia? It pretty much benefits me when either party gets out of the game asap. Since mafia is lower in number (I assume), taking them out gets me quickest to my win-condition.

I put it out like this for a number of reasons:
    lynching or killing me does neither good to town nor mafia. My only losing condition is if I get killed. My killing, IMO, would benefit only benefit one party in a particular scenario: it would win mafia time if I were killed in the form a of a lynch. Any other kill is a kill better spent on a different target.

I had a one-shit kill, which I have just used up on WRP: I can literally do nothing else anymore; essentially being a Vanilla Floaty (neither town nor mafia).

Game on guys. I'll happily answer any questions that might arise from this post.
    This is probably one of the most dubious claims I've ever heard. I'm open to hearing from Sneaky, but I'm surprised nobody jumped on top of this.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
    "What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 28 August 2014 08:55 PM EDT (US)     218 / 401       
    What exactly do you want me to explain? I said I believe most town roles in this game will have power roles, because VTs in bulk are rare, so your hesitance about revealing a power role was over-cautious.
    At the time you never gave that reason and so far it has turned out to be false, still the only 2 town power roles that we know of are my own and Yeeb's, yet we have 4 dead players.
    sneaky_squirrel
    Mortal
    posted 28 August 2014 09:48 PM EDT (US)     219 / 401       
    Not much I can tell you guys, I'm a VT.

But this is worrisome, we caught a mafia player and that's great. Yet the dead mafia player is a shark, and Baske is a Whale Shark who claimed to kill WRP in the best interest of the town.

Now Baske claimed:

"It became painfully obvious WRP was only posting for the heck of it, and never really putting any input besides putting blame on people that were already in the spotlight."

Well since it was a unique incident, I can hardly blame anyone for thinking Excelsior was a bad scum player. He was making all these radical claims at the beginning of the game that it was hard to judge what was going on.

Baske is claiming he was able to identify WRP as scum, but I think the more likely reason is that he's just a SK.

This is what I think happened:

Baske killed WRP to get closer to his goal. Upon seeing the day announcement he knew he had to act quick, 5 hours after day begins, he shares his "master plan" about how he heroically knew WRP was scum. If he really were a vigilante, what he has done would have been only a shot in the dark, wow thanks a lot Mr. Vigilante., thank goodness he didn't shoot the Cop. But he's not a vigilante, what happened was that he realized he had given himself away by hitting Mafia, a shark. Baske is terrifyingly creative, I never would have expected him to cover it all up by saying: "Guys I'm a shark, but its only because I'm a survivor not because I'm going to kill you. I swear. Besides, you WANT to keep me alive because I am now an asset to the town." I actually swallowed his story for a second.

I definitely do not feel comfortable letting the shark "swim" with the fishes. I gave Baske the benefit of the doubt because Whale sharks are not notorious for being predators. But after seeing that Mafia has sharks, letting all our shark residents off the hook sounds like a suicidal move for the town.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    Alex
    posted 28 August 2014 10:47 PM EDT (US)     220 / 401       
    Baske has been seemingly transparent the entire game. I still don't know why he was so certain, but he called out WRP as scum after WRP's first post in the game. So the move wasn't quite a shot in the dark.

If he wanted to keep his options open, he didn't have to claim as a whale shark, nor did he have to claim he targeted WRP or even that he has a power role. His loyalty may be fragile, but for now, I think he's definitely playing the town side.

And plus, I'm more inclined to trust someone with the candor to claim a potentially predatorial fish than a nondescript fish - particularly one so nondescript that there's virtually no chance of a counterclaim.

Alex
    posted 28 August 2014 11:05 PM EDT (US)     221 / 401       
    Instead of looking for more scummy behavior, I went through the list to make note of the most town-like behaviors. I actually thought Yeeb and Ash might be scum, but looking back, they did both cast suspicion on WRP.

My two cents on everyone --

1.Yeeb cast suspicion on WRP, targeted Herr the night Out Reach died
    2.Ashrzr cast suspicion on WRP
    3.Cheddar Chap (?) removed vote from excel (although put a lot of pressure on him)
    4.Baske more or less confirmed as an SK, unless anyone else wants to take the credit for WRP
    5.ninjapenguin (?) (although not necessarily town behavior, he claimed second out of the two surgeonfish - if he were trying to fake claim, I'd think he'd react to sneaky's claim and come up with something else)
    6.sneaky squirrel (?)
    7.scragins more or less confirmed as a tracker by Yeeb. Could be scum but not likely due to how many VTs town has
    8.Alex you can draw your own conclusions here

I'd personally like to challenge both ninja and sneaky to find something undeniably town they've done. And preferably get a full claim from ninja.

Cheddar Chap
    Mortal
    (id: The Cheese Man)
    posted 28 August 2014 11:24 PM EDT (US)     222 / 401       
    Double-checked my role email. I am definitely a saddleBACK butterflyfish.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 29 August 2014 01:27 AM EDT (US)     223 / 401       
    Baske has been seemingly transparent the entire game. I still don't know why he was so certain, but he called out WRP as scum after WRP's first post in the game. So the move wasn't quite a shot in the dark.
    He is a survivor, he doesn't need to be certain if he got it wrong he would be aiming to win with the scum instead which if there were 3 (+Baske makes 4) of they would have just about won. However with WRP being scum (like Baske may have believed) he would choose to side with town.

I think that due to actions Yeeb is probably town because He target Herr on night 0, Herr did not die. Then then the next night Herr did die. However in-between I asked any player who was blocked to come forward twice and Herr would have probably said so anyway therefore If Yeeb was a RB then they would have known Herr was a VT and would not have killed him due to his role. If Yeeb is the Mafia Hitman then Herr would have died on Night 0. So it follows that unless the Mafia decided to not try and kill power roles Yeeb is probably not scum. That said If the Mafia really hates Herr then they may just kill him even though he is a VT.
    Weed Basket
    posted 29 August 2014 01:33 AM EDT (US)     224 / 401       
    But this is worrisome, we caught a mafia player and that's great. Yet the dead mafia player is a shark, and Baske is a Whale Shark who claimed to kill WRP in the best interest of the town.
    Note that I killed WRP out of MY best interest. I'm not lying about the fact that my role inclines me to keep neutral. However, I choose to roll with town because I can communicate with town during Day-discussion. I could go down-low and go with Mafia, but I don't have any idea who they are (except for WRP who was had red flags marked all over him).

Acting all SK with only 1 kill for the entire game is NOT a viable strategy IMHO.

Which brings me to your other point (which I tried debunking in my claim from the start):
    Baske is claiming he was able to identify WRP as scum, but I think the more likely reason is that he's just a SK.
    If I were an SK, my best interest would be to:

1) Annihilate town: strategically pick (semi-)confirmed town players.
    Note how WRP does not match that criteria.
    2) Kill as many as possible: this includes a Night 0 action.
    The absence of multiple kills gives a hint towards the kind of roles in the game.

Despite my name containing SHARK, I would like to point out, as has been done various times, that a WHALE SHARK is NOT aggressive.

As for my transparancy, as Alex pointed out, the only way I get my win is by making both parties understand I am not a viable target for anybody. It would literally do nothing but set town/mafia back by one action.

---------

Continuing the game, I believe the set-up is quite basic:

• Mafia, 3 players, 1 kill & 1 block
  • Me, the friendly Swiss Embassy basically minding its own business
  • Town, 1 Doc, 1 Tracker, rest VTs

Alex' list is a nice sum up of events, and a great place to start digging.

• Weed Basket
    posted 29 August 2014 01:40 AM EDT (US)     225 / 401       
    By the way, is it an option Herr got killed out of fright of being blocked in case of targetting any other - more obivous - player?

It would make sense to me if I were the one targetting? But that theory suggests that Mafia does not have a blocker. Which makes me wonder why scragins got blocked as a tracker (unless that person believed scragins to be a tracker SK).

« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10 11 ··· 16  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames